Fixing the Do-17

"Like a surgeon,

touched for a very first time..." :cheers:

Swanny, you really are a modelling surgeon. Brilliant and encouraging article (I've always been afraid of this serious operations)!

Edited by Arseny
Who says that the drawing is correct ????

cheers

Jes

If you look at any reference material ,you will notice the top portion of the fuselage ,aft of the cockpit ,follows a relatively straight plane....while the underside ,aft of the wing ,begins to taper upward toward the tailplane.

Ain`t no banana shape to the Do.17 in any varient :worship:

Oh...BTW ,I`m going to the hobbyshop right now to buy one .

Salut

Paul T

Edited by Paul T

Hi to all. This solution may apply to the early models, but not to the Do17Z kit!

The problem area on the 17Z is that the nose angles up too high, both on the upper and lower sections! On the two kits I have, both have straight rear fuselages from the front of the wing shoulder back, but the nose is at the wrong angle going by all the different plans around, and comparing to photos of the real thing. Doing Swanny's fix to the rear section will not correct this completely.

The Falcon/Squadron canopy set goes some way to remedy this, but it still requires further surgery to make the forward section parallel as it should be.

I'll dig through my files, and post some diagrams later today.

Cheers,

Pete M.

Swanny,

Thanks for taking the time to post the information. You are right, the top fuselage half is fine but the bottom half forces everything up.

I hope you will show people how to make a decent cockpit for the kit... are you going to do some scratchbuilding? I'd love to watch the process...

Nice job...

Actually Mike West at Lone Star Models has been working on a new cockpit for this kit. I sent him copies of the field manuals to assist with the development. Now just waiting for him to get it done.

Actually Mike West at Lone Star Models has been working on a new cockpit for this kit. I sent him copies of the field manuals to assist with the development. Now just waiting for him to get it done.

:thumbsup::yahoo:

Matt B)