Kitchener Ontario Canada

Air support Hobbies on Frederick Street coner Simeon. Between the court house and the crappy mall.

Huge amount of really old kits, new stuff as he gets them and will order you anything you want.

Huge amount of books, good amount of decals and aftermarket. Has been selling alot on ebay of late.

Best prices within 100s of km. Best staff period.

Also in area, Spitfire emporium, on Victora street. Look for the full scale Spitfire on the roof and the T-62 in the driveway. Smaller selection and more of a specialty store, still nice to visit.

Hobby Central Toys and stuff on old King St by the 401. More of a toy store and rather expensive.

Nearby....

Forbes Hobbies on Hwy 24 in Cambridge. Lots of targets R/C and some aircraft. Second for sure to Air support but I have still bought stuff there, not bad and very nice staff. More expensive.

Kind of near. Aviation world in Toronto on Carlingview by the airport. Best selection period, best aftermarket and decals, excellent books. More expensive then air support but everything under one roof and in stock. Orders can take a while, but they will get what you want. Very nice staff since the miserable guy left.

Hamilton......see Tony Hayes post, lots of stuff in Hamilton plus Canadian warplane heritage museum.

London. Well there is the one store on Commissioners, rather expensive, not much in after market but a very nice visit. Most London people seem to come to Air support.

• 3 years later...

One less. :thumbsup: As of Saturday Air Support on Frederick Street is closing. He is still going to do "shows" and special orders from home but the store itself is no more.

Forbes in Cambridge moved last month about a block behind the old local on Highway 24. Not much there, some nice stuff mostly for "gamers".

Least I can still buy paint there, otherwise I have to drive to Toronto on my work lunch breaks.

One less. :thumbsup: As of Saturday Air Support on Frederick Street is closing. He is still going to do "shows" and special orders from home but the store itself is no more.

Forbes in Cambridge moved last month about a block behind the old local on Highway 24. Not much there, some nice stuff mostly for "gamers".

Least I can still buy paint there, otherwise I have to drive to Toronto on my work lunch breaks.

Stopped by yesterday, picked some stuff up and ordered a Trump LAV III kit and M1128 Command Vehicle from Ed, So where is Forbes? I went by there and saw that it was closed, figured it went the way of the Dodo too.

I've actually had good luck with Forbes, I stop in whenever I'm passing through. I would be interested to know the exact new location.

Somebody should really restart the old 'Toronto Hobby Shop Directory' that used to be on the web, it was a great resource.

• 1 month later...
One less. :banana: As of Saturday Air Support on Frederick Street is closing. He is still going to do "shows" and special orders from home but the store itself is no more.

I didn't know Ed was closing until I showed up at the store and it was no longer! I felt really bad. It was a great place and Ed was a great guy. What did he do with all his stock? I remember talking to him about a year or so ago about what would happen if all the local stores closed(very prophetic) and now it's happened to one of the best. Sorry to see you go.

He stored what was left (nothing I needed) and intends to sell at shows in the future as far as I knew last month.

Forbes is one street back in a industrial mall. I don't know the name of the street, but. If you head up #24 from the 401 you pass the old store. At those lights right after the burger King you turn left. Go up one major street and there it is.

Their stock is still pretty small. Good thing I built up the stash before Ed left. The only other store in the area is on #8 behind the Wendy's is just far too expensive. I mean STUPID expensive.

• 6 months later...

well found this great place known as hornet hobbies in Toronto..great prices and a very great knowledgeable Mr Dave ,a pro modeler himself,super helpful,specially for a beginner like me..a link for his website--http://www.hornethobbies.com/.....copy /paste..

• 5 weeks later...

Hmm, I wasn't expecting to have anything to add in this thread, but since you guys brought Toronto up, I think I will disagree with both of you :thumbsup:

Aviation World is great for a lot of things, but they don't have nearly the best selection of kits and such.

Hornet - well, I've been there once, only to be completely ignored with nobody else in the store, so not sure on friendliness.

As far as I know, you can't do better than Wheels and Wings on Danforth. Best selection for both new and collection kits (and not just aircraft), and friendly staff. Not to mention free coffee and cookies on weekends lately.