Sea King camouflage

You left me speachless!!!

Those two egyptians are really rare birds.. First is Commando Mk 2E, and the second Commando Mk 2B.

Never saw any photos of those two..

You are obviously very well informed about SK's.

Have you any photos of Indian SK's Mk 42 or Mk 42 A?

Thanks once more..

Dean

Thanks Ray

Other question for you, off topic about Sea King, what are the colours of Australian Army helicopters? Huey and BlackHawk?

Dean,

The colours used on the Blackhawks and Hueys are:

a. Camouflage Green - Olive Drab Lustreless. (this seams to be an Australian specific colour, See below)

b. Camouflage Brown - US Federal Standard 595a Colors' - Color No. 30219

c. Black - US Federal Standard 595a Colors' - Color No. 37038

The Camouflage Green varies from 34102 on Kiowa and Huey, to 34082 on Blackhawk.

So there you go!

:cheers:

Merlin101, GREAT find of Qatari Seaking !!!

As you know I am Gulf war freak, I have to put some nice-camo Seakings here :D

Seaking Mk.2A

qa-21_2.jpg

Seaking Mk.2C - VIP !!!!! Love this one (donated to Sierra Leone btw ..)

qa-23_1.jpg

and finally, Mk.3 equipped with AM-39 Exocet missiles

qa-33_1.jpg

Hope you like them, my plan is to build all 3 versions in 1/72 .....

Jakub

:huh:

great find Dave!

Graet pictures and great timing too, I'm starting to build the Egyptian Navy ASW version.

Can you please clarify/identify the three structures just aft and below the main sliding door? Are they torpedo mounts, and what kind of a torpedo would it be?.

Thanks for the help.

Hany

Thanks Dean,

I intend to use Tamiya X4 Blue it seams to be the closest even in sunlight (Yes I did a test patch). As for the lower surfaces Gunze H67 RLM Light blue + alittle white should do the trick.

Bu the way those hook-ups are on both sides. any ideas what they are?

Thanks again,

Hany

I'll get the decals from my spares. the issue is really the arabic numerals which have to be painted by hand. numbers were applied after delivery to both sides roughly where the G-BDML was and then repeated in smaller scall just below each pilot's window (772 and 775 are two of these numbers) I'll try to load the scrapped aircraft pictures (yes they were scrapped and sold to the Australian Navy in 2004, and unlike some believe they retained thier blue colour throughout thier service life with the Egyptian Navy).

Hany

Hi,

I'm replying to both Hajo and Demicula,

No I'm not talking about the floatation devices, the ones I'm trying to point to are just below and aft the sliding door towards the tail, they are three small almost quarter of acircle shape and painted the same colour of the aircraft.

Demicula,

Please check your Email.

Hi,

I'm replying to both Hajo and Demicula,

No I'm not talking about the floatation devices, the ones I'm trying to point to are just below and aft the sliding door towards the tail, they are three small almost quarter of acircle shape and painted the same colour of the aircraft.

Demicula,

Please check your Email.