Hasegawas Mig-23 Flogger studied in detail

What decals did you use?

I did a search and could not find where I had posted more photos and info on the build here on ARC but this is a link to another site that answers that question in more detail along with more photos of the model and some photos of the cockpit.

http://modelism.airforce.ru/gallery/jbarr/mig23mld/index.htm

Regards

Jim Barr

I jast wanna ask,

Is this kit mout of production?, it's hard to find on the net.

Currently, yes, it's OOP. However, Academy makes an engraved knockoff that's genrally available.

HTH,

Andre

Currently, yes, it's OOP. However, Academy makes an engraved knockoff that's genrally available.

HTH,

Andre

If we are talking about the Hasegawa kit, aren't they just releasing it with new (was it Czech?) decals?

I did a search and could not find where I had posted more photos and info on the build here on ARC but this is a link to another site that answers that question in more detail along with more photos of the model and some photos of the cockpit.

http://modelism.airforce.ru/gallery/jbarr/mig23mld/index.htm

Regards

Jim Barr

While we're 'flogging' the subject :cheers: How's the 1/48 Italeri Mig-23MF?? I think it's the old ESCI mould but I've never had one before.

Well the only 1/72 kit still in production is the Zvezda one, either as an MLD or MF from them or the Bilek release as an ML or MF.

As mention the Academy one should be pretty easy to find as it was still listed in their 2007 / 2008 Catalog.

Regards

Jim Barr

• 4 weeks later...
and as long as we're discussing Flogger colors, any special color for the interior of the intakes on Soviet-era birds? Or same as exterior underside gray?

Been wondering the same actually.

• 11 years later...

HI Raymond! I am Kari Virkkala, IPMS Finland Fi 479, and I just "borrowed" Your exellent article on the MiG-23 - Hasegawa kit fearutes. As I found such an excellent scoutce, I did not bother to innovate the wheel again! About the kits (Hg, Academy copy and Airfix): they were quite decent at the time, the first accurate deawings appeared in IPMS Finland Mallari Magazine in 1977 after the type visit here in 1976. Unfortunately I did not see them. as I was then in the National Service. Of course I wittnessed rhe MiG-29 visits! Do you have Access to out material? I was the Editor during MiG-29 -time and I saw it also at Farnborough. The present editor is my friend from the 60's and my Best-Man Mr Igor Kopilow Fi 708. His native language is Russian! May I ask where do you live? I am planning with my wife (also a member) an interrail trip around Europe next Summer - and of course the Telford (I was there last when IPMS was 50). We were to go together, but she was hospitalized, so I stayed only over the week-end. Hope this did not bother you too much! Kari.

Hi Kari,

It is good to see you around! It has been what, about 30-35 years since last contact. Hope you are well!

It is fascinating to see that the question of the good old Hase MiG-23 in 72 still comes up today in 2020.

Since then there has been that highly questionable RV kit also. Still have somewhere my Hase 23 and 27. Those were the days! And that visit to Finland by the 23’s was something to remember even if only from photos in aviation press of the time. They did look fantastic!

The only problem is that today in 2020 we are still waiting for a decent up to date quality MiG-23. Any version, any scale.

Best regards

Gabor

3 hours ago, Redcap said:

HI Raymond! I am Kari Virkkala, IPMS Finland Fi 479, and I just "borrowed" Your exellent article on the MiG-23 - Hasegawa kit fearutes. As I found such an excellent scoutce, I did not bother to innovate the wheel again! About the kits (Hg, Academy copy and Airfix): they were quite decent at the time, the first accurate deawings appeared in IPMS Finland Mallari Magazine in 1977 after the type visit here in 1976. Unfortunately I did not see them. as I was then in the National Service. Of course I wittnessed rhe MiG-29 visits! Do you have Access to out material? I was the Editor during MiG-29 -time and I saw it also at Farnborough. The present editor is my friend from the 60's and my Best-Man Mr Igor Kopilow Fi 708. His native language is Russian! May I ask where do you live? I am planning with my wife (also a member) an interrail trip around Europe next Summer - and of course the Telford (I was there last when IPMS was 50). We were to go together, but she was hospitalized, so I stayed only over the week-end. Hope this did not bother you too much! Kari.

Also, you do realize that the last post on this thread was in 2008 and "Raymond" has not visited ARC since 2013. So, I don't know what the chances are that he will answer.