Exhaust tips

In the past, I've done a few different easy methods on the exhaust nozzles (using flat black with dry brushing silver) which for me looked good... Now that I'm getting into the more detailed builds, What's the best way to get them looking realistic for my 1/32 F/A-18C? When I future (gloss coat) the model for weathering, should I do the same in that area, weather it, then dull coat it?

Sorry for the simple questions... I'm still learning the best methods.

Lots of techniques outlined in the Tool & Tips section on the ARC main page. I used Burnt Iron as a base for the inside of engines and weather the outside of the engines nozzles with smoke and clear blue to give a heated metal appearance. I've attached a couple of pictures for review

YB

Lots of techniques outlined in the Tool & Tips section on the ARC main page. I used airbrushed MM Burnt Iron as a base for the inside of engines and weather the outside of the engines nozzles with smoke and clear blue to give a heated metal appearance. I'll send you some pictures to your email.

YB