Western Pennslyvannia

No new shops to mention, but since I see you're in Kittanning, is Jordans ice cream still operating up that way? IIRC they were on top of one of the hills west of the River, but I have no idea what road they were on anymore. They might have even been closer to Ford City. They had the best strawberry ice cream back in the 80s...

HAHA! Yup its still open...well open in the summer, closed for winter right now. If I had a good camera I'd take a picture of it for ya its about 350' from me here at work. And strawberry is still on the menu.

Mmm! I remember you could get something like a quart of ice cream on a cone there, for about 2 bucks. You had to eat it fast, before it melted. Good thing I could only get there once in a while - I would go with the family of the girl I was dating at the time for weekend camping/boating trips on the river and Jordans was always on the agenda.

• 1 month later...

Yup thats Jordans. Oh man now I can't wait for summer to get here so I can get some more.

Any of us Pittsburgher natives ever been to Esters? I think its called in Millvale? I saw them on the TRI-IPMS site the other nite and thought I'd ask before I made a road trip.

Also we got anyone from the Middleish area of the state? Curious if theres anything good between State College and Altoona areas, dating a girl from Altoona so planning pitstops. I know theres a Train Shop in Hollidaysburg/Duncansville behind the Meadows but there gotta be something else in town, at least I hope.

Also haha getting it all out in one post. ARC'ers planning to attend TRI-CON in March?? I think I'm heading down Saturday with a friend of mine.

• 4 months later...

You also may want to check out Brodak's out by Carmichael PA about 1hr from pgh down near waynesburg. Lot of older stuff and good selection of plastic kits. Same place they make all the R/C aircraft products. Oh they sell movies and food too...

• 11 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Figured this needing and update.

Whirlwind in Indiana is closing Sunday, the owner passed a few years ago and his wife just can't keep it running.

I heard from Esther in millvale that AB Charles is gone too now.  So were running out of shops in Pittsburgh unless someone knows about some new places.