Airfix 1/72 Lancaster "Sugar's Blues"

Nice build, Liam ! You know what, I actually liked the all-silver stage in your build the best ! Maybe one day I'll do a Lanc (perhaps modified to a Lancastrian) in full silver, have a Tamiya kit waiting patiently in the stash.

I was tempted to leave her in silver too...quite eye-catching!!

Maybe the Canadian Rescur bird .......n o, no, Hornet is next, the Hornet is next :)

Liam

• 1 year later...

Hi Liam,

i am making a 1/72 Lancaster (Revell) as well and i am looking into the ribbed main landing gear wheels themselves.

can you please post a good pic of these wheels please?

i am considering buyin them, but they are quite expensive and i was wondering if i am getting my moneys worth as all i need is the wheels

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

loveliner

:D G'day Liam,

You asked about the Lanc's tailwheel. It's probably too late to do anyhting with this build but for future reference it was a fixed tail wheel so in flight the stut would be extended and on the ground it would be compressed. Also the tyre would have been slightly flattened (but only on the bottom :stupid:) when the aircraft was sitting on the ground. BTW that's a beautiful build mate.

HTH.

:bandhead2:,

Ross.

• 1 month later...

Nice job on the build. Question for you on the strengthening plates around the mid upper turret. Where did you find your references for them?

The reason I ask, is that last weekend I was in Nanton at the Lancaster museum and had the opportunity to take a close look at the Lanc there. Theirs was also a Mk.10 with the fuselage strengthening plates, but they were not the 'H' shape that you have, they are simply plates on each side of the turret.

I am wondering if there were different styles of strengthening plates made for this???