NAS Jacksonville Visit

Awesome pics Ken! As for the last pic, it reminds me of how one of my cars looked one day at 4:45pm when I left it at the mechanic for an oil change..."Of course it will be ready by five, Mr. Steffens, oh, by the way, we found a few problems while changing the oil, c'mere, lemme show you something..."

Strip the wheels, put it on cinder blocks and you've got a Tennessee Viking!
No joke, that last one does look like it was parked on the street in Jacksonville... :thumbsup:

Great pics, that one included!

-Mike

Being from Knoxville, I can say it needs some bondo and a trailer hitch

:wave::lol:;)

Always good to see pics of the Viking. Thanks for showing us the pics. I was under the impression that the S-3B was being retired. There have been several VS Squadrons decommisioned in the past year or so. I guess the NAVY still thinks the Viking still has a purpose, whatever that is now. I hope they keep it around for a long time. Don M.

Always good to see pics of the Viking. Thanks for showing us the pics. I was under the impression that the S-3B was being retired. There have been several VS Squadrons decommisioned in the past year or so. I guess the NAVY still thinks the Viking still has a purpose, whatever that is now. I hope they keep it around for a long time. Don M.

Actually, still scheduled to go away in 2009 VS-22 will be the last squadron standing