I'm the one in red with the sticks, the girl with me is Sissel from Norway. She posts as Prisca on the unnoficial Airfix forum. The tall guy with the impressive goatee behind her is her dad.

Jen.

Jen,

First of all congratulations on your Trumpeter win :thumbsup:

If you want anyone to carry your bags - I live only a few miles from Lyneham .......... :D

On that note - do you belong to any model clubs in the area ?? I go to one in Bristol (not IPMS Avon).

Sorry I didn't get a chance to chat at Telford - I'm the ugly looking bloke just behind you.

Cheers

Ken

So did I miss free alcohol on the USAF stand this year? grrrr

(Tim)

Yes you did ! And I'd been rehearsing "Good grief, I thought you were dead" ! It's Huddersfield for you !

Cheers,

Haydn.

Jen,

Very well done, a deserved win.

Jen,

...do you belong to any model clubs in the area ?? I go to one in Bristol (not IPMS Avon).

Cheers

Ken

Why not come along and join us at Avon? You're assured (as is everyone) of a warm welcome. We have quite a few members from your neck of the woods. Third Wednesday of every month. Check out the link in my sig (the webmaster is also an ARCer).

Cheers,

Edited by MikeC
Jen,

Very well done, a deserved win.

Why not come along and join us at Avon? You're assured (as is everyone) of a warm welcome. We have quite a few members from your neck of the woods. Third Wednesday of every month. Check out the link in my sig (the webmaster is also an ARCer).

Cheers,

I've been to IPMS Avon - I gave a talk there on Flankers.....

I already belong to Avon Scale Model Society - we meet on the third Thursday.

Cheers

Ken

Indeed Ken, I remember your excellent talk on all things Flanker-related. Also remember you sent me some useful info on MiG 21s once, for which thanks again. The Fishbed's nearly finished btw, used the CMK resin set, and the build was, shall we say, not without its moments. :blink:

I actually meant Jen, but of course, you'll always be welcome at the Rotunda too (as will any visitors or prospective new members). :blink:

Evenin' all

I just got back from Telford - it's a bl**dy long walk back upo to the DPRM !

Yep, I can confirm that is yours truly kneeling at the front left..... Doc, how the h*ll did I miss you, Ahhhh well, like Nev said earlier, so much to see/do etc, etc.

Ian

Edited by IJ(UK)
MikeC/flankerman,

I would be quite interested to join up etc but I'm confused, how many meets are there???

Bristol isn't far to go after all ;)

Jen.

Jen,

MikeC and myself are both competing for your favours........... :cheers:

I belong to the old-established Avon Scale Model society - and we meet on the third Thursday of every month at the Longwell Green Community Centre, Bristol.

We were there long before the upstart IPMS Avon came along B) (although I belong to IPMS UK, I have stayed loyal to ASMS)

Next meeting is on Thursday 15 December - PM me if you want to come/get a lift etc - I live in Lea, a few miles from Malmesbury.

We are a small club - not purely plastic - we cater for all sorts.

We meet, display our latest creations, have a few beers, there is a small, laid back competition amongst those who have brought a model along and we generally just chat about modelling.

We are not very organised - which some people find off-putting, but others prefer.

Over to Mike.....................

Cheers

Ken

Hi Jen,

I think we're complementary rather than competing. :rofl: Avon, not small at all, but still beautifully formed, meet monthly on the third Wednesday, so between the two Bristol groups you could go to two meetings a month, and there are some who are members of both. We have about 50 members, with upwards of 30 turning up each month. Each meeting usually centres around a talk or some other "event"; we have one branch comp a year, otherwise just bring along your latest creation or work in progress and have a drink and a chat.

Benefits: we have a comprehensive branch library and decal bank, and a policy of encouraging national IPMS membership via a subs-based incentive (it's simpler than that sounds!) And don't forget that we run the Best one-day show on the circuit. Check our website out for more info.

There are several members live in your neck of the woods, PM me and I'll send details.

Cheers,

Edited by MikeC

I see, two separate groups, that's cool, I'll try and get around to checking both out.

I've never been to a club before but I've been thinking about it for a while. I believe there is an IPMS branch in Swindon as well which would be much closer!

Jen.

Edited by desmojen
I see, two separate groups, that's cool, I'll try and get around to checking both out.

I've never been to a club before but I've been thinking about it for a while. I believe there is an IPMS branch in Swindon as well which would be much closer!

Jen.

IPMS Swindon exists - but only on paper... ;)

I used to belong - but the membership drifted away.

AFAIK, there are no regular meetings .....

Ken