OK - What did we all buy?

Hi

another FM Halifax (Glutton for punishment) 4x Neomega Hercules engines for said Halibag, Belcher 12,000LB bomb carrier and tailplanes for 48 Welly, Airfix 48 Mossie BXVI all intended for next years Bomber Command SIG display, oh and plenty of beer. Mind you I don't have that anymore.

Paul

Joe.

You should have asked for me cos I had a complimentary Canberra book waiting for you, unless I was'nt there when you came to the stand!!

If you want I'll get the V-Bomber Special off to you once it's printed to make up for you purchasing the Canberra Pt2 book.

Ho Hum!

Jon

Jon,

I did actually actually meet you on Saturday for my complimentary book and bonus decals sheet and very happy I am with them too, thanks again.

Good to meet you, even if you can't remember it :unsure:

Hi Jon :D ,

I bought a couple of 1/72nd Canberra sheets (Model Alliance), a book about South American Wars which looks bonzer, and a couple of Hobby Boss 1/72nd Corsairs.....oh, and lots of cups of Hot Chocolate, tea, etc..

Great weekend.....I wish it could have gone on and on.....

Terry :worship::whistle:

Hi Joe

Sorry my friend, the weekend just dissolved into a blur! Of course we talked!

So many people to talk to over 2 days and not enough time to remember everyone!! :worship:

I do beg your pardon! :whistle:

Jon

Nothing to do with an incredibly heavy evening session......into the wee hours??

(I have my spies!)

AND what did I buy? Served by your goodself Jon, on the Sunday...1 x Model Alliance Hunter GA11 conversion set in 1/72nd scale!! Cost me all of £8! Money well spent.....and that was ALL I spent!!

Honestly!!!

I bought

Trumpeter MiG-19

Pavla cockpit set for the above

Hasegawa Bf-109G-6 (£12, bargain)

EagleCal decals for the above

Eagle Cals Bf-109G-6 1:72

Berna clamps

Alclad - 3 shades and primer

Master Caster's sanding sticks

What I needed and didn't get were

Eduard etched sets for the MiG

True details Bf-109 cockpit in 72nd.

Little Cars wire

Bugger

I also got given a Revell Fw 200 for MAI and I won an airbrush from Cammett. All in all a very pleseant weekend.

Oh, nearly forgot, I bought some Xtracrylics PRU blue for SeanW as I used his for a build. I'll give it to you at the next meeting mate.

I went to Scale Modelworld and I bought (hey, it's just like one of those memory games you used to play when you were a child, the one where you add something each time):

Gavia La7;

Hasegawa 109E-4 and G-6, bargain at £10 each;

Airfix Hurricane I (another bargain @ £5);

Aeroclub S-3 Viking undercarriage;

Osprey "Slovak and Bulgarian Aces of WW2";

A bunch of paints;

Some micro-nozzles for superglue (wow what a find, they make using superglue about 400% easier);

and looking at my hotel bar bill, a few drinks as well.

Thanks also to Graham, Seb and Brian D for the various freebies. If there's ever anything I can do for you guys ...

Edited by MikeC

An ICM 1/72nd Tupolev TB-3 which I got for a steal (£6.50) :D, and a Revell 1/48th Canadair Sabre which I haggled those nice guys at Wonderland Models down to £12 :)

Didn't buy a lot this year other than those, due to my ever growing unbuilt collection.

Although I have presented myself with a problem....where am I going to 'park' that TB-3 when I've built it?? :cheers:

Edited by rolfetechart
Some micro-nozzles for superglue (wow what a find, they make using superglue about 400% easier);

and looking at my hotel bar bill, a few drinks as well.

Mike,

can you tell me the companies´ name? That sounds really interesting.

Thomas

Thomas,

They don't seem to have a brand name. I can't remember who I bought them from - I think it was "Little Cars". They're listed on the website under "Tools and Accessories", ref "DM29", if these are the same things I bought. (http://www.little-cars.co.uk/pricelst.htm)

To describe them: you get about 5 supeglue tips and a length of polycarbonate (?) micro-diameter tube. Insert tube in nozzle, cut to length, and leave on superglue bottle. The tiny bit of superglue that dries on the end is easily removed, then simply let capilliary action do the work and apply superglue exactly where you want it. I've so far only used the system with fairly thick gel superglue, it's great!!

HTH,

Not a lot really, but some golden oldies in there!

Trumpeter 1/72 Gannet

Sweet 1/144 SeaKing

Italeri 1/72 Sukhoi Su-22UM3K

Pavla resin cockpit for said Su-22

HobbyBoss 1/72 Yak.3

Matchbox 1/72 Me410 (bagged)

Matchbox 1/72 Grumman Hellcat (bagged)

Airfix 1/72 BAC Jaguar - Early issue with pointy nose!

Airfix 1/32 Rommels Halftrack

Airfix 1/32 Maserati Indy (boxed, mint!)

Medea Airbrush Lube.

Not too bad , but considring I sold some of my stash from "under the table" on the SIG stand I was manning, I more or less broke even! :cheers: