Pics from the show...

Finaly, just a word to the wise. You're threatening the wrong man. Be warned.

I'm sorry, but I feel that you are sugesting that some personal harm may come to me.

I am reporting this to the site admins.

Karl

Karl, there will be no apology. I suggest you re-read your thread I can't find anything jovial in it and you were the one who mentioned quote 'Sneaky and devious access' All I said was its selfish for people trying to get into the comp area when the judging is taking place and it slows the process down. I never mentioned underhand, if I hit a nerve and you took it as a personal attack then I suggest you may have a guilty conscience?

I would also like to point out that you say you had no intention of doing anything underhand but if you didn't know you shouldn't have been in the comp area, then how did you know what you were doing was sneaky and devious? That doesn't quite stack up to my cynical side and I have spent 18 years interviewing people who don't always want to tell me the truth so I don't always wear my rose tinted glasses, when I read or hear things.

If you got into the competition where I think you did, we had a steward blocking the entrance which was an emergency exit. I have spoken to some of the people who were running the comp and they say they saw the steward turning people back during the judging so how did you get past him? I also take it that you ignored the huge sign on the entrance to the competition stating closed for judging? Skii was talking about not being able to get into the area during the judging and I was suggesting that he look around before 1pm when it closes for a few hours on the Saturday. You appear to have tried to switch it to before 10am when the public have to wait in the Hall 3 catering area.

Yes I have got the nerve as someone as someone who spent from 830 Friday to 830 Sunday working at the show you are damn right I'm going to reply to threads like yours. I have been involved in the running of the IPMS annual shows since 1992, on the executive committee since 1994, ran the show for four years and I don't go into the comp area unless invited, when judging is taking place.

Don't threaten me with the moderators because you started this with your ill thought out comments and apparent behaviour at SMW. I saw three other members of the show team yesterday two had read your posting and one was told what I had replied to you. All of them had the same view as me, one was heavy in Anglo-Saxon phrases. Whats more distrubing is that if you could look in there before 10am then you should be a member of IPMS and should know better. If there is any descredit from this you have brought it on yourself.

Skii I'm sorry I have had to put the above but I don't respond well to threats. As to your original competition access question. As far as I,m aware, on Saturday the public can look round the competition between 10am and 1pm and then when judging has finished at usually between 3-4pm, until the show closes at 6pm.

Richard

PS Just read my PM's. Karl trying to send me intimidating PM's won't work either, I don't scare that easy. Unless commanded by superior officers at work I don't 'do it now'.

Richard.

Let us stop this silliness now before it goes too far out of hand.

When I wrote the reply to you message and PM’d you I was upset and, yes, very angry at your comment.

With hind site my initial post was badly worded and wrong on my part, and it would have been taken as an intention to do wrong - but believe me it never was or will be my intention to break any rules. Also the title of my PM was also unnecessary posturing.

The time was 09:30 Saturday morning. We came in to the first hall where the public are allowed in to, had coffee and a sarny. At the front of the competition area there lots of people milling around. We had another look around the tables and saw a number of people entering the competition area from the rear. There were no signs to say that no one could enter, there were no stewards guarding the gap in the tables; people were freely coming and going, so I went in and had a look. I was in there for about five minutes and then came out again – and that’s it; if I had been asked not to enter the competition area I would not have gone in, and at no time was I in the area during the time of the judging of the competition.

If I have offended you Richard then I am truly sorry, and I hope that you realise that I am being completely sincere when I say that.

I don’t know what else to say.

Karl

Spoken to Karl on PM's and the matter is sorted, I have spoken to Mr Bus as well and I'm typing this on his machine.

:beer4:

Karl and Skii have an open invitation to join me looking round the comp, then have a drink at the Aerobatic SIG afterwards at SMW 2007 10/11th November.

:(

Anyone who knows me will know that I come over alot better face to face than in written word.

(space above for Honeybee, Ben D Bus et al to jump in and disagree with that comment)

Now wheres that Accurate 1/48 AEC Matador I bought, at the weekend?

Richard

The Tucano was mine, Chris McKee, the kit is available from Luis Santos email - luis_fj4@yahoo.com or visit his website at www.Llama84.tripod.com , its a great kit and we need more brought into the UK

regards

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply. I actually have this kit but wanted to ask if you could post some images of it - You've done the kit real credit.

Cheers,

Gary

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Karl and Skii have an open invitation to join me looking round the comp, then have a drink at the Aerobatic SIG afterwards at SMW 2007 10/11th November.

:wave:

Richard

Will that be your usual Port & Lemon, or will sir lash-out and have a creme-de-menthe?

YOURE BAAAAAARRED! :)

Phil

(Bar equipment manager)