Pics from the show...

20-11-06

The Sunderland was jaw-droppingly good.....scary what people can do, really. :blink:

Liam

Yes, one of the comparatively few models that really caught my eye, along with a 1/72 SM79 with scratch built interior & that Tucano!

Phil - was that Tucano the 1:48 Aconagua kit - or is it 1:72? Would like to see a complete image if you managed to take one?

Cheers,

Gary

Gary it was the Anaconda kit build by, I think I am right in saying Chris Makee ( sorry if I spelt it wrong Chris!)

Thanks! Im glad someone took some pics of that Sunderland. It was a superb model made from the ID kit i believe

Actually it was made from the 1/48 scale Combat model and it was made by my good friend Nicholas Poncini

Hope this answers some questions

John :rofl:

...and didn't it attract some attention??? :rofl: I had to fight my way past it & have a look from the other end of the table - looked lovely even from there. :rofl:

20-11-06

I was actually pushed out of the way by one old fella...I might have pushed back but didn't want to be doNe for GBH.

1/48 Combat kit, eh? Still available??

Liam

ps, any chance someone could od a topic with a demonstration on building vac-form kits? I am getting curious about them nd might like to try a few.

Was it me or was the competition entries closed off from Joe Public ? I never got to see them..

I arrived at around 4.30pm on Saturday and you could go around and view everything. I think they closed the area off for a time on Saturday to allow for judging and then opened it up again afterwards.

Liam

Was it me or was the competition entries closed off from Joe Public ? I never got to see them..

I thought that the competition area was also closed off - you couldn't get to it from the front very easily, there was a gap in the rear tables that allowed for some sneaky and devious access :thumbsup:

Karl

Gary it was the Anaconda kit build by, I think I am right in saying Chris Makee ( sorry if I spelt it wrong Chris!)

Anyone know if Chris is an ARC member? Couldn't find anyone listed with that name but as some take alternative names etc?

I thought that the competition area was also closed off - you couldn't get to it from the front very easily, there was a gap in the rear tables that allowed for some sneaky and devious access :pray:

Karl

Very clever that, not.

It takes the stewards that long to clear out people who should not be in there when judging is trying to take place, that it ends up taking even longer than it should, for the judging to be completed. Very selfish when plenty of other people can wait patiently for the competition to be re-opened. Do not forget that everyone working in the comp area is a volunteer and if they decide in future that it is easier to run it without public access because of people like you, then do not blame them. You may not know that once upon a time the whole show was an IPMS (UK) members only event but I would not want to go back to that era.

:D

Skii, I do not know what time you get to the show but I would suggest looking around the competition in the morning before judging starts at 1pm on the Saturday.

Richard

Anyone know if Chris is an ARC member? Couldn't find anyone listed with that name but as some take alternative names etc?

I don't know if Chris is an ARC member but I do know that he is a fellow member of IPMS Farnborough and a selection of his other models can be seen on our web site. http://www.ipms-farnborough.co.uk/

Cheers

Andrew

Actually it was made from the 1/48 scale Combat model and it was made by my good friend Nicholas Poncini

Hope this answers some questions

John :(

The Tucano was mine, Chris McKee, the kit is available from Luis Santos email - luis_fj4@yahoo.com or visit his website at www.Llama84.tripod.com , its a great kit and we need more brought into the UK

regards

Chris

The Tucano was mine, Chris McKee, the kit is available from Luis Santos email - luis_fj4@yahoo.com or visit his website at www.Llama84.tripod.com , its a great kit and we need more brought into the UK

regards

Chris

Page no longer exisits or the link is wrong.

Liam

Very clever that, not.

It takes the stewards that long to clear out people who should not be in there when judging is trying to take place, that it ends up taking even longer than it should, for the judging to be completed. Very selfish when plenty of other people can wait patiently for the competition to be re-opened. Do not forget that everyone working in the comp area is a volunteer and if they decide in future that it is easier to run it without public access because of people like you, then do not blame them. You may not know that once upon a time the whole show was an IPMS (UK) members only event but I would not want to go back to that era.

:blink:

Skii, I do not know what time you get to the show but I would suggest looking around the competition in the morning before judging starts at 1pm on the Saturday.

Richard

Richard,

As far as I could tell, I was not the only one to find the entrance at the rear of the competition area in the morning, in fact I got the feeling that that was the way to go:-

IIRC there were no signs saying 'Jo public - not welcome', so I had a look.

Richard, don't you dare EVER tell me that I did some thing under hand, when I had no intention. don't mistake a sort of jovial writing style as an actual intent to do wrong.

people like you

You've got some nerve, feel's a bit personal to me now.

I want an apology right now - my next message will be to the mods regarding what I feel is a personal attack.

You suggested to skii to look during the morning, I looked around before 10am on Saturday - before the main Hall was opened to the public, or are you suggesting that different rules apply to different people, and I'm not talking about members/non-members

I'm waiting.

Karl

Edited by karlwb
Richard,

As far as I could tell, I was not the only one to find the entrance at the rear of the competition area in the morning, in fact I got the feeling that that was the way to go:-

IIRC there were no signs saying 'Jo public - not welcome', so I had a look.

Richard, don't you dare EVER tell me that I did some thing under hand, when I had no intention. don't mistake a sort of jovial writing style as an actual intent to do wrong.

You've got some nerve, feel's a bit personal to me now.

I want an apology right now - my next message will be to the mods regarding what I feel is a personal attack.

You suggested to skii to look during the morning, I looked around before 10am on Saturday - before the main Hall was opened to the public, or are you suggesting that different rules apply to different people, and I'm not talking about members/non-members

I'm waiting.

Karl

Karl, there will be no apology. I suggest you re-read your thread I can't find anything jovial in it and you were the one who mentioned quote 'Sneaky and devious access' All I said was its selfish for people trying to get into the comp area when the judging is taking place and it slows the process down. I never mentioned underhand, if I hit a nerve and you took it as a personal attack then I suggest you may have a guilty conscience?

I would also like to point out that you say you had no intention of doing anything underhand but if you didn't know you shouldn't have been in the comp area, then how did you know what you were doing was sneaky and devious? That doesn't quite stack up to my cynical side and I have spent 18 years interviewing people who don't always want to tell me the truth so I don't always wear my rose tinted glasses, when I read or hear things.

If you got into the competition where I think you did, we had a steward blocking the entrance which was an emergency exit. I have spoken to some of the people who were running the comp and they say they saw the steward turning people back during the judging so how did you get past him? I also take it that you ignored the huge sign on the entrance to the competition stating closed for judging? Skii was talking about not being able to get into the area during the judging and I was suggesting that he look around before 1pm when it closes for a few hours on the Saturday. You appear to have tried to switch it to before 10am when the public have to wait in the Hall 3 catering area.

Yes I have got the nerve as someone as someone who spent from 830 Friday to 830 Sunday working at the show you are damn right I'm going to reply to threads like yours. I have been involved in the running of the IPMS annual shows since 1992, on the executive committee since 1994, ran the show for four years and I don't go into the comp area unless invited, when judging is taking place.

Don't threaten me with the moderators because you started this with your ill thought out comments and apparent behaviour at SMW. I saw three other members of the show team yesterday two had read your posting and one was told what I had replied to you. All of them had the same view as me, one was heavy in Anglo-Saxon phrases. Whats more distrubing is that if you could look in there before 10am then you should be a member of IPMS and should know better. If there is any descredit from this you have brought it on yourself.

Skii I'm sorry I have had to put the above but I don't respond well to threats. As to your original competition access question. As far as I,m aware, on Saturday the public can look round the competition between 10am and 1pm and then when judging has finished at usually between 3-4pm, until the show closes at 6pm.

Richard

PS Just read my PM's. Karl trying to send me intimidating PM's won't work either, I don't scare that easy. Unless commanded by superior officers at work I don't 'do it now'.

Edited by Hurrinut
I thought that the competition area was also closed off - you couldn't get to it from the front very easily, there was a gap in the rear tables that allowed for some sneaky and devious access

Karl, I don't know what you're getting all het up about. It has been pointed out that the area was closed and you realised this yourself, hence the post above.

Perhaps you should apologise to the IPMS committee for your "sneaky and devious access".

Delays to judging mean the afternoon access to the comp area is very limited time wise. My own view is that the Sunday morning is the best time, it does have the advantage of having the winners displayed as well.

Finaly, just a word to the wise. You're threatening the wrong man. Be warned.

IAN