Telford Show - any real news?

Airfix were there, which is something many of us would have thought unlikely given the circumstances. They had the Severn Class lifeboat on display (and as this is ARC I will not mention it further) as well as the 1/48 Mk I Spitfire.

Revell's programme for 2007 is already widely known, although it was interesting to see some of the old 1/32 stuff primed for re-release, including period box artwork. The new Fw200 looked so good I went and bought one. The built up Gato sub looked most impressive, but again this is another subject lacking wings.

If Academy had anything new to release, it didn't appear to be on display, same with Tamiya and Italeri. Then again I couldn't be bothered to grill any of the suits, there were far too many other good things to look at. Custom Anti-Pesto van anyone?

peebeep

Edited by peebeep

I did not expect any news. I expected to see friends and to spend some good time with people I knew only virtually either via this forum or another place.

Generally.. the show.. nothing special for me. I really liked works of overseas guys.. Czech tables were full of fantastic models.. that's something I expected by default... French were very good... Excellent I'd say. Brits.... well well.. islanders... I think they need some fresh blood.. really. I was a bit dissapointed by the quality of the models... sorry.. :huh: It was my first time there and expected something more.

So.. the show as a competition was not a big interest for me. But this is my personal opinion, of course.

I am really pleased to meet face to face some of the ARC members, although I was late for the gathering of all together in the corner =) Sorry, guys. Ken "Flankerman", was good to see you again! Guy "geedubelyer" it was great to finally meet you in person! :cheers:

There are pictures I made during the show at our web-site.

http://modelism.airforce.ru/news/20061118/ipmsukw/index.htm

and the picture of me having a shot of Russian vodka with Mr NeOmega.

DSC08015.jpg

GL!

Sergey

Blimey, after all the pre-show fuss, I thought there might have been a few snippets of news. Sounds like I didn't miss much then.

No not much, apart from a bloody good well organised show, bucket loads of models, great friends meet, great new friends made, kits bought, kits sold, tips traded, well where can I stop.

Might be good if you actually went instead of bainging on about not missing anything, you will never know unless you go. :huh:

Julien

Edited by Julien (UK)

The CA Canberra/Gannet news was already announced, and now that it looks like the Airfix kits will come along eventually... Oh well, I gather that the Revell rumours about Lightnings and Canberras are still just rumours and that Airfix hasn't added anything to their post-buyout announcement. All well and good, jus wondered if any of these stories had finally been settled one way or the other - seems not!

Julien I don't need any advice on whether to go to the Nationals - I started going when it was in a farmer's field in Warwickshire thanks! I just thought that after all the rumours before the event, we might have actually got some facts, but I gather that there's nothing to add. I would have gone, I had a free ticket but I ain't got the money to fork-out on fuel for a drive that far, just to buy kits!

Edited by Chox

According to Airfix's Trevor Snowden they are waiting to hear from management as to whether or not the Nimrod will be proceeded with. Apparantly Trumpeter have converted the drawings to CAD and were waiting the go ahead to start cutting the steel moulds when they went in to administration. So wait and see I guess.....

The test shots of the lifeboat look very good, should be out early 2007. I will support them by buying this!!

HTH

Bryn

I haven't seen any feedback yet on anything new, apart from the 24th Mossie and Lancaster. I assume there was no further information from Revell or Airfix? Nothing from anybody else either?

I grilled the Rep from Revell, and he claims he knew nothing about any Revell releases beyond those already announced - for the first quarter; By all accounts the second quarter's new models will be announced at the end of December - which will then dovetail nicely into Nurenburg's Toy fair, and in time for the 2007 catalogue.

One thing to bear in mind is that Revell/Monogram and Revell Germany parted ways earlier this year, so a certain amount of consolidation will be apparent over this period - looking at the "new" revell releases, most are re-treads or kits that have been announced some time ago.

Time will tell! But we've NEVER had a state of the art 1/72 Lightning - so we're no worse off are we!!! :blink:

Hi

this was my first time going and i found the whole thing to be organised chaos,i was told that i would find signs from the M40 to the show,it never happened.We then got to the M54 and a first sign,so we followed the signs to the place,then after joining a long Q we got to the front only to find that the car park was full,the idiot in charge of the parking should of put the sign out at the entrance to the car park stating that it was full as so not to cause all the fray tempers.Then we about turned and set off for the over spill car park,and yes having not been before there was no signs as to where to go to get to the show entrance,i found the whole thing a bit of a shambles as i had my 75yr old dad with me and he is not in the linford christie league of gentlmen to go climbing hills and mile long walks.When we eventually got into the show the whole thing was all over the place i could not seem to find some of the trade stands and some never even turned up,on walking around the stalls that where there,i found the ones i brought stuff from did not take the plastic this was most inconvenient as i had no cash on me nor did they give much in the way of discount if at all,there was one stand who was claiming to have all his stuff to be at 25% off but when you looked closely the stuff was in no way discounted from the prices shown outside the show in the high st stores.I must say im not going to say any more on the subject other than this was a very huge dissapointment for me as a first time visitor,i will not go again.

P.S. Im only speaking on behalf of myself and my dad and not others.

Cheers Clive.

Thanks Bill and Forest - some practical information amidst the babble at last!

It's a shame that the Nimrod wasn't all that advanced but at least it sounds like it stands a good chance of reaching production eventually. The real concern must be the Canberras, as almost by definition they evidently haven't gone beyond the "paper" stage. Let's hope they also survive.

As for Revell, I'm glad that someone bothered to try and settle the endless rumours. Guess we'll have to wait until Revell is good and ready to say something, but hopefully everyone will now have the good sense to ignore any further rumours about Revell's plans.

The real concern must be the Canberras, as almost by definition they evidently haven't gone beyond the "paper" stage. Let's hope they also survive.

I hope so too, I have been holding off getting the Classic Airframe kits in the hope of the Airfix ones turning up (better value for money and modelling I hope) but I may not hold my nerve if the CA PR9 appears...

:worship:

Darius

I hope so too, I have been holding off getting the Classic Airframe kits in the hope of the Airfix ones turning up (better value for money and modelling I hope) but I may not hold my nerve if the CA PR9 appears...

:rofl:

Darius

Er, it's not "if" but "when"...

BTW, it's been quite a long time since you gave us news of your B-47...

Cheers,

Father Jack

Er, it's not "if" but "when"...

BTW, it's been quite a long time since you gave us news of your B-47...

Cheers,

Father Jack

I was wondering when someone would spot that. Chappie has PM'd me a few times on the subject. I need to steel myself to starting the starboard wing so that I get back on the modelling roll so to speak. Its just the prospect of all that sanding...

Darius

Edited by Darius at home
I was wondering when someone would spot that. Chappie has PM'd me a few times on the subject. I need to steel myself to starting the starboard wing so that I get back on the modelling roll so to speak. Its just the prospect of all that sanding...

Darius

I got the B-47 too, and I'm enthusiastically failing to scratchbuild something even vaguely looking like a Weber ejection seat...

No news from Sanger at Telford?

Cheers,

Father Jack

Telford has never been a particularly good place to go to for news: it is before the trade fairs and that is where the big announcements are made. Having said that, there are usually a few snippets and that does seem to have happened.

I didn't go this year, but have never had any problem before with dealers taking plastic. They've been only too willing. Is this a matter of dealing with small businesses rather than the big names?

Hi

this was my first time going and i found the whole thing to be organised chaos,i was told that i would find signs from the M40 to the show,it never happened.We then got to the M54 and a first sign,so we followed the signs to the place,then after joining a long Q we got to the front only to find that the car park was full,the idiot in charge of the parking should of put the sign out at the entrance to the car park stating that it was full as so not to cause all the fray tempers.Then we about turned and set off for the over spill car park,and yes having not been before there was no signs as to where to go to get to the show entrance,i found the whole thing a bit of a shambles as i had my 75yr old dad with me and he is not in the linford christie league of gentlmen to go climbing hills and mile long walks.When we eventually got into the show the whole thing was all over the place i could not seem to find some of the trade stands and some never even turned up,on walking around the stalls that where there,i found the ones i brought stuff from did not take the plastic this was most inconvenient as i had no cash on me nor did they give much in the way of discount if at all,there was one stand who was claiming to have all his stuff to be at 25% off but when you looked closely the stuff was in no way discounted from the prices shown outside the show in the high st stores.I must say im not going to say any more on the subject other than this was a very huge dissapointment for me as a first time visitor,i will not go again.

P.S. Im only speaking on behalf of myself and my dad and not others.

Cheers Clive.

Sorry you had a bit of a time. Maybe an answer on a couple of points.

1. Signed from M40? seems a long way off and IPMS have to pay for signs, I would think fairly easy to find telford and then follow the signs from the M54.

2. Yes parking was a problem, I had some compaints when doing front of house. This is organised by the centre not IPMS. I passed on the complaints which mainly involved Disabled parking.

3. Paying by plasitc, yes annoyed me to, these days more traders should take it and I let those who did not know they lost my buisness, only way to get em to change. Left about £40 worth of kits with one bloke.

4. Discounts, I think I know the trader you mean on 25%, the prices on the boxes were pre discount and you had to work it out, plus hes not called kit craxy for nothing!

5. As to finding everything the guy on the door should have given you a map which was fairly accurate. As for traders not turning up the maps etc are printed before hand, if they dont turn up on the day nothing IPMS can do.

Please pass your points onto IPMS UK and then they can look at them, only way things will improve. Lets be honnest its a big undertaking relying a lot on people to voluenteer.

Julien

Edited by Julien (UK)
.....there was one stand who was claiming to have all his stuff to be at 25% off but when you looked closely the stuff was in no way discounted from the prices shown outside the show in the high st stores.I must say im not going to say any more on the subject other than this was a very huge dissapointment for me as a first time visitor,i will not go again.

Was that 'Kit Crazy' by any chance ?

Guys a complete nerd IMHO

:cheers:

Yes it was.

The boxes were all marked full price, you had to speak to the trader to get the discount.

I came away with a good deal- I got 7x eduard masks for £7 and my friend got £65 of kits for just £37 but we think he made a mistake with the sums :D

Shaun.