1/72 Mig 1.44 Zvezda VS Revell

The Revell 1/144 MiG-1.44 has been out for years. Its not a new item. I have one sitting on my bench for years.

The fit and decals are good. Overall shape captures the shape very well. Typical of Revell mini's.

Yeah, but we're talking 1/72, right?

Yeah, but we're talking 1/72, right?

Oh...er....oops. <_<

:bandhead2:

Okay, this isn't very new either. I have seen this kit for a few months. Been wanting to get one but still hesitating. I read a few builds that the fit and shape are quite good. Decals should be acceptable. Revell's new decals are all good.

I am 99.9% sure they are the same kit. I don't have one of the Revell 1/72 kits (as I already have a Zvezda one), but I glanced at the box and it said "Made in Russia" on the side. So logic says it is a reboxed Zvezda kit. Decal quality should be better, but Zvezda decal quality has been getting better with their later releases and the decals in mine look useable compared to the S-37 Berkut markings (in that case, the Revell S-37 is the best one too get since it has complete Berkut markings). A NeOmega cockpit is a nice aftermarket extra to get for it BTW.

As you can check from my pics,the Revell kit is exactly the same as Zvezda.

Just like the re-boxed MiG-31 and Su-24 recently.

301857561_d60b958ee8.jpg

301857588_6a2742f6c1.jpg

With new-drawn instruction sheet and nice quality decal(Remember that it's said the colour in Revell decal is more accurate than the one in Zvezda).

Hope this will help.

:thumbsup:

Oh, and while we are at it, is the Italeri Berkut the same kit as the Zvezda/Revell? I did not see a Revell Bekut listed on the squadron.com website.

Yes, all three Berkut kits (Zvezda, Italeri, Revell of Germany) in 1/72 are the same plastic. The Revell of Germany version is the best one to get since it has the most accurate decal sheet with all the markings seen on the S-37 during its airshow displays. The original Zvezda sheet is lacking in spots and the Italeri kit sheet is just a reprint of the Zvezda sheet on more useable decal stock and with a little better coloring (but still incomplete markings).