I'm a sick, sick, sick, sick man... 1/48 MiG-25RB

Bit of time off to give the brain a break from the build and get up to speed at school. Spent some time doing some color research... I think I am gonna end up using gull gray for the fuselage...still thinking about the dielectric panel color. I have some paint on the way... got plenty of shades of gray...just no gull...what the heck...seriously? Oh, well, should be some more painting on the weekend.

Cheers,

Dave

Hi there...how you are doing?

I am not very well managing to deal with that 1/48 Chinese M1A1.It's awful!

Hope to get your Mig 25 castings soon cause don't have any nerves to deal with Revel's nightmare too.

Hope to hear from you soon.

My best regards,

Zisis

First coat of Gull Gray all over... once it is dry I'll darken all the panel lines and attach the vertical tails for a final gray coat... moving along nicely.

Cheers,

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of postings... I got caught up in schoolwork and family activities and haven't got any more work in at the moment. I'm also tryignt o get some resin together to send out so that has been slowing me up some. Hopefully I'll have some more soon.

Cheers,

Dave

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Parche ,seems to have been long time since we spoke.Your mail is full mate,erase some...

How you re doing,are everything ok?Are you on a trip?

I would like to know if there is any progress with your treasure you've promised me.

Look forward to hear from you soon.

Cheers,

Zisis

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Hi Parche ,seems to have been long time since we spoke.Your mail is full mate,erase some...

How you re doing,are everything ok?Are you on a trip?

I would like to know if there is any progress with your treasure you've promised me.

Look forward to hear from you soon.

Cheers,

Zisis

Hi Dave,

I am in the same situation...

I am still very interested.

Best regards.

Marco

• 1 year later...

Ok, I know it has been quite a while but I have been avoiding this pig for a while. Alot of my resin and molds for this guy got screwed up in my most recent move and it just kinda turned me off. I have been slowly remaking some of the molds and trying to knock out the bits and pieces that are left on this guy. Hopefully over Christmas I can inventory what I have and see how many sets of everything really survived and how many have to be remade. Its amazing how quickly time flies when you get discouraged on a build and revert to family and work and other stuff instead of the build. So, for a little update here... there is not that much big stuff to go as far as scratching...The biggest I think is the MLG doors... so here are the masters in progress...

Doors1.jpg

Doors2.jpg

Before.jpg

After.jpg

Hopefully I can pour the other half of the mold on Wednesday and quickly follow that with making the first resin.

Cheers,

Dave

Hi Dave,

nice to see you at work again, and I hope to see some of you resin stuff too, I was very interested at that time... :whistle:/>

Bye.

Marco

Like I said, I'm gonna inventory what didn't get damaged and see which molds need to be remade first. Hopefully I can make some headway over the holidays.

Cheers,

Dave

Pulled the first shot out of the mold today...not as successful as I had hoped. Mold worked fine, but I guess the resin didn't get a complete mix so there was a soft spot right in the middle of one of the doors. Pulled it out and just loaded another resin batch...extra stirred :) I was happy that the mold worked as well as it did though...first time I have tried a slightly different technique...always learning.

Cheers,

Fingers crossed for tomorrow...

Dave

Woo-hoo... success! First set of MLG doors are out and they look good. The initial pull had a lot more flash than I am used to, but the mold shape was a bit odd to accommodate the shape of the masters. No big deal, just extra clean up. On to pictures...

As pulled out...

Fresh.jpg

After minimal clean up, but not final...

Trimmed.jpg

Cheers,

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Not much of an update. Cleaned up the MLG doors after giving them a spray coat of gray. Look pretty nice. Ready to move on from them and knock out the NLG doors... probably won't bother to make molds. Should be simple enough to craft each time I need them. Then I should finish the detail on the MLG and finish hanging the doors and move on to canopy... For now, I am on a work-enforced "Christmas holiday" that takes me away from home and the workbench for a while.

Merry Christmas,

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Back from my work enforced holiday. Managed to get some work done on the NLG doors. Hopefully finish tomorrow night. Can't decide if I want to mold them...probably too small and simple to bother...

Hopefully some pics tomorrow.

Cheers,

Dave

Dave,

Happy new year and wish all the best for seasons greetings.

What a relief to see you back in work.

We've missed you here,it was such a long absence.

Like other guys have already mentioned,I hope to see some of your resin "golden copies" too.

I am still interested at that "monster",and my new Gaso.Line abrams is awaitng to ride it...

Glad once again,hope to hear from you soon.

All the best,

Zisis