When I spoke to Spencer on Sunday it hadn't been returned.

Unfortunately over the years at the IPMS Nationals, the odd built up model has been stolen. This year was the first one we have had for a while.

If you see a 1/48 Volksjager out there with an undercarriage door missing it might be Spencer's

Shame on whoever stole it.

:pray:

I have attended the Telford show for years and this is the first I have heard of anything like this. I have been fortunate enough to meet Spencer and he is a really nice bloke and a great spokesman for our hobby.

Whoever stole the model is bang out of order! Shame on them.

It really is sickening ,

On one my trips to the National , at its old home at Donnington , I managed to leave my wallet sitting on a vendor's table , I walked awy , and 30 minutes later started panicing - I returned home without it , only to find that it had been handed in , and the £100 or so in it was still intact - proof , if proof were needed that modelling folk re the good guys - normally!

• 5 months later...

quote'

What a scumbag!

thats not what i'd call them . i'm going to an open day at RAF METHERINGHAM in may, i'm taking four tamiya lanc's, six 1/72 lanc's and other stuff and i'll be hovering about them like 'BEE'S' around them !! :cheers:

worried sick hoping it is worth it

......... ian.

quote'

What a scumbag!

thats not what i'd call them . i'm going to an open day at RAF METHERINGHAM in may, i'm taking four tamiya lanc's, six 1/72 lanc's and other stuff and i'll be hovering about them like 'BEE'S' around them !! :cheers:

worried sick hoping it is worth it

......... ian.

I am soory to hear that took place...I happened to go to Telford a few years back and I did not think that this could happen there!

(by the way Ian when is the open day at RAF METHERINGHAM please?)...

:blink:

quote'

(by the way Ian when is the open day at RAF METHERINGHAM please?)...

hello holmes, its on 6th may. are you going ??

[ ps sorry julien for hijacking your thread ]

who the hell steals model airplanes? :cheers:

Someone who decides that the model is stolen is far better than he could ever build.

Pretty low thing to do.

It is not the cost of the kit but all the love and dedication, not to mention time, a model builder puts into that kit that makes it irreplaceable.

:thumbsup:

MikeJ

• 3 months later...
Shame on whoever stole it.

:D

Yeah, what an @$$clown!

It does preplex the mind, why would someone steal a model, but then again, there are other buttswingers out there who will steal ANYTHING! :whistle:

:blink: That's not right to have a nice piece of work taken by a thief

I am in the same boat, I had built a replica of the Boot Hill Express, and some A-Hole took it,

I was at the Model convetion down in Indianapolis about 8 years ago and I decided to take a few models along and enter them in the show,

well while I was making the rounds, it disappeared,

no one knows who did it, and the bad part, I never got it back,

People who go out of their way to steal a model at a convention or a show are Pathetic and need to get a life,

it's people like that who make this hobby suffer for the rest of us,

Take care

George

i tend to think it's probably e-bay sellers. If you think about it, a really really well built model can sell for several hundred dollars on e-bay. a friend of mine had an award winning f-15 stolen, and sold on e-bay for something like $400. (he now puts identifiable marks on all his models) if someone stole a watch or something like that, it might get what, $100 for a good one? from a purely financial point of view, it's probably alot less work for a higher profit. like everyone said, who would think someone would steal a built model. that's what makes it an easy target for them. i think the scums should go to jail, but more than likely if they did get caught, it would be a very light sentence. afterall, as far as everyone else thinks, it's just a toy. it's a shame, but probably true.

Bill

i think the scums should go to jail, but more than likely if they did get caught, it would be a very light sentence.

Bill

What we should do is beat him with rubber hoses, tube socks filled with wood screws and poke him with sharp sticks for a few hours.

This happens occasionaly at model car meets..... And in my experience I think it happens during the awards ceremony when everyones attention is focused toward the front of the room...

The last time I had models on display, I stood at the table with my kits during the ceremony.

There is something truly repugnant about this crime (and it is a crime, lets` remember) that`s more than just money and materials. Its` the abuse of trust, and the effort put in by this guy into his craft.

I hope the perp is caught and the model returned. Most painful thing to do to him? PUBLIC HUMILATION!!!

It is no less than he deserves, ****! :thumbsup:

Ian

There is something truly repugnant about this crime (and it is a crime, lets` remember) that`s more than just money and materials. Its` the abuse of trust, and the effort put in by this guy into his craft.

I hope the perp is caught and the model returned. Most painful thing to do to him? PUBLIC HUMILATION!!!

It is no less than he deserves, ****! :cheers:

Ian

EXACTLY!! In my humble opinion this is why society is....the way it is..... there is no more shame,regardless of what you do.