Telford 2006 - The Competition

Was it just me or was there a marked drop in entries this year?

Any idea why? might be a good point for discussion. It worked for some people as in some classes there were very few entries so if you did a decent model you got something.

Please discuss but keep it civil :(

Julien

I thought that once the Comp area had re-opened after judging, it looked as well subscribed as last year. Of course, if you looked there on Sat AM, entries were still coming in/being registered etc...

Hi, yes I know entries were coming in Sat AM as I did judge one cat, just loked to me like there were a lot less entries this year based on the amount of tables which were used this year compared to last.

Julien

A look at the SIG displays might tell you why.I myself built two Harriers for our sig which took four and a half months,so I had no time to build a competition model.The standard on some of the SIG and club displays was outstanding and much more interesting than the competition tables.Also the person that won overall built one model,specifically to win the competition,and although a work of art,was not from a kit which us mere mortels could build.My own favorite was the ME262 that won the Trumpeter competition,well done to the lady that built it.

Also the person that won overall built one model,specifically to win the competition,and although a work of art,was not from a kit which us mere mortels could build.

Yes there was a lot of discussion about this, if that was his aim then he did it, we were debating if a completly scartchbuilt model should be allowed to win, or as its IPMS should you at least have some sort of plastic kit in there. Answers on a postcard please :(

Julien

A look at the SIG displays might tell you why.I myself built two Harriers for our sig which took four and a half months,so I had no time to build a competition model.The standard on some of the SIG and club displays was outstanding and much more interesting than the competition tables.Also the person that won overall built one model,specifically to win the competition,and although a work of art,was not from a kit which us mere mortels could build.My own favorite was the ME262 that won the Trumpeter competition,well done to the lady that built it.

I was wondering who won the Trumpeter comp. Any one got any photos of the winner?

Liam

Hi Julien,

My thoughts exactly,where is the kit? I for one gain inspiration by knowing I could have a go at building what I see.Nick Greenall,s superb 1/24 Sea Harrier was the reason I joined the Harrier SIG,and I am having a go at building that kit.Maybe a catagory for scratchbuilt models should be included in the competition and give the more normal modellers a chance to win,then there might be more entries as this years turn out was a bit poor.

Hi Liam,

suhttp://gregers.7.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=2284

Try this link.

Cheers Andy

Hi, yes I know entries were coming in Sat AM as I did judge one cat, just loked to me like there were a lot less entries this year based on the amount of tables which were used this year compared to last.

Julien

Ah - apols, then, Julien. I didn't realise that.

I was wondering who won the Trumpeter comp. Any one got any photos of the winner?

Liam

Here is the winning model...

206489444.jpg

206489437.jpg

206489429.jpg

and here is DesmoJen getting here certificate. she also won the Trumpeter prize of the trip to China and the factory....

206492315.jpg

I thought the standard was pretty good indeed though as always there were one or two models there that this mere mortal might have competed against! So that gave me a lot of inspiriation and confidence when you find out that even the gods have feet of clay! :D

Edited by Greg Buckley