Hey Nev baby, I'm not single or childless but I take the wife along too if I can to model shows....she's very useful at curtailling impulse buys and extremely useful for carrying boxes of models.

IPMS member? We both are....just one big happy family. :wave::banana::banana:

Yes Terry, but you're retired! :banana:

And not married to an accountant.... :cheers:

Here's a little breakdown of the costs which explain why I am an IPMS member.

Membership costs me £19 per year as I pay by direct debit, regular price £20. I get up to 6 IPMS(UK) magazines per year (the only modelling magazines I bother with) and free entry to ScaleModelWorld which I have always attended on both days and intend to for the foreseeable future.

I also get to attend some other shows for free as I wave my card and they just let me in. I don't have time to attend regular club meetings but I do belong to the What-If SIG (mostly online) so my membership supports them.

Entry to the ScaleModelWorld show at Telford is normally £9 per person per day, making it £18. So for an extra £1 I think I get a fairly good deal.

Admittedly I would be more impressed if the IPMS(UK) could work out more freebies (decal sheets or tool samples) or savings at model shops for members but I don't know how they would work such deals out or fund them.

Nick :cheers:

Edited by Nick Pedley