Liam

God bless your little angels and what a fitting tribute for them.

I might offer that to Lorraine as she lost two sons through miscarriage. A monument like you have done would be most appropriate for them, even though they would be only step sons to me, I would treat them as my sons as I treat her daughters as my own.

Reading your story, reinforces the realisation just how precious my sons are to me.

MikeJ

Edited by madmike

24-11-06

Thanks guys.

I mean it.

ARC kept me sane though the past two years. God knows how Tomoko did it.

It was actually my Dad who gave me the idea...those of you around on the forum when we lost Francis know tha twe palced a number of keepsakes into the coffin before we buried her...more for her sense of identity and for her comfort (a pooh bear was one, to keep her warm). My dad was present as I sealed the little coffin and he asked me to wait and went ot get something and then came back with a large keyring/charm that Tomoko had brought back for him from Japan.

It was of a rather intimidating Samurai warrior on horse-back, sword ready.

Dad asked me to re-open the coffin and he placed the the key-ring at the head of the box. He told me it was to protect and guide Francis on her way to Heaven.

Thus, no harm would ever befall her as she had a knight walking beside her on horseback, to keep her safe until she reached the Gates of Heaven.

Words failed me. I was speechless. I could tell he was upset...

This man rarely, if ever spoke like that in all the time I knew him....

Still rivers run deep, I think.

I have never been able to watch Monsters Inc in quite the same way. I always see the baby Francis as Boo, toddling happliy along getting into mischeif, with this great big black horse beside her straddled by an armoured Samurai.

The idea never left me, nor the meaning of the idea and as I kept making models, I just thought, here's something I could do....I couldn't protect them or nuture them, but I would never forget them. They tried their damnest to get here and just couldn't manage it (I always believed Francis fought to the end....it always seemed as if her fists were up, ready to pop one in the eye of anything that dared come near her.)

They're always here, in our hearts, but I know they are in a better place and I KNOW, for a fact, that they loved us and are watching over us.

Only now, they have Close Air Support.

And some might say, they really need a few good Marines too, eh? :cheers:

Thanks again, people,

Liam

Edited by yeehah1

Wow....There are no others word to describe what I felt when I read that story... I am still just a young kid... Only 22 Years old, I could not imagine what you have experienced. The closest pain I could think of is when I lost both of my grandfathers a few years back...

I want to applaud you on your work on making such a beautiful memorial...Such a creative way of showing your dedication to them.

Bravo once again...