I've got a 1/32 F-16F block 60 from the Arizona ANG to start with, plus a few other Tamiya Vipers ready.

Jake

the thought holy s#*t comes to mind Jake.....

me er....1/48 Hasegawa F-4J backdated to F-4D spec,markings to be decided...

either Alabama 160TFS

66-7575.jpg

or Georgia ANG 128TFS.

66-7714-1.jpg

actually maybe both!

After that who knows... :cheers:..maybe more Phantom's theres some Oregon & Texas jets i've been wanting to build for some time now.

Edited by mungo1974

Well, my choices were

1/72 Hasegawa F-4C, Arkansas ANG (Euro1 )

1/72 Hasegawa F-4D, Oregon ANG (ADC Grey)

1/32 Tamiya F-4D, Michigan ANG (ADC Grey)

But in the end I've decided to go with a Revell 1/72 Eurofighter Typhoon T.1 of 17 (Reserve) Squadron

Typhoon-T-1_005_RIAT2004_0110_800.jpg

And that, Nev, is why I suggested to change the description from Air National Guard GB to the RESERVES GB.

I realize that (as international as this forum is) not every country has an ANG, but many of them have Reserve components and hopefully this will allow more people to participate.

Glad you guys are onboard!

Cheers!

John

I would like to enter this group build with only the second model I have ever built, (the first was a Mig-15 last spring). I plan to build an Italeri model of the F-84F in 1/72 scale using Micro scale decals for the Indiana ANG at Terre Haute, 113 Tactical Fighter Squadron of the 181 Tactical Fighter Group.

Grandma L :thumbsup:

Edited by texgal45

Count me in with two 1:48th Hasegawa Vipers.

F-16C from the 149th FW, San Antonio, TX

F-16D from the 127th FW, Selfridge AFB, Michigan

Time permitting, I may try to squeeze in a Hasegawa AH-64A in my unit's markings as well... oh wait... we don't have any distinguishing markings on our birds... maybe Arizona then. (I hate boring paint schemes)

Jon

Probably something from the KANG, which really should be no surprise. *shrug*

I assume you will be doing an F-16 from the Fox One sheet?

I was planning on doing 83-1222 which was Ed Flora's jet. I know Ed from my Dad's days in the unit and thought he might like the model when I'm done.

Welcome aboard!

John

I'm in. Academy 1/48 F-16C in the kit's VTANG 50 anniversary markings as close to out of the box as I can stand. I'm not going to put too much into it since it isn't the greatest kit in the first place and I plan on bringing it in to the office where the cleaning staff will probably re-work it some.

vtf16boxtt3.jpg

vtf16partszs9.jpg

vtf16decalstx7.jpg

Wow,didn't realize we had a forum up already :cheers: I'm hoping to have my F-51D from the Indiana ANG done in the next couple of weeks :D Still up in the air on which scheme I'll be putting it in.

Maybe the 1949 scheme....

100_0025-F-51D.jpg

....or maybe the 1954 scheme.

a5268ab4.jpg

P-51BW.jpg

Edited by ThePhantomTwo
I would like to enter this group build with only the second model I have ever built, (the first was a Mig-15 last spring). I plan to build an Italeri model of the F-84F in 1/72 scale using Micro scale decals for the Indiana ANG at Terre Haute, 113 Tactical Fighter Squadron of the 181 Tactical Fighter Group.

Grandma L :D

You have impecable taste Ma'am :cheers:

F84flip.jpg

f86inshop.jpg

F8409.jpg

Edited by ThePhantomTwo

Questions for Phantom Two.

The inflight photo of the F-84 shows the fin emblem with the black lines pointing forward, while the maintenance photo shows them pointing back. Any explanation or reason for the difference?

As for my taste, my Hubby has been feeding me a steady diet of airplanes for the 40+ years we have been married. I guess that I am hooked. He is constantly pointing to an airplane, real, model or photo and asking, "What's that?" I can answer correctly most of the time. My favorites are the B-52 and F-4. I especially like the way the B-52 with it's droopy wings looks like an old mother hen with her wings spread over her chicks. :banana:

Do you have any photos of the cockpit? The instructions say overall OD, but Hubby says it is probably an interior green with black instrument panel. Most airplanes have little bits of red, yellow, blue, etc scattered around switches, hoses, dials and so forth.

What is that black rectangle on the top of the fuselage behind the canopy?

Grandma L

Edited by texgal45
I guess ill be in. Does anyone make California ANG F-4E decals?

I have the 1/48 Superscale sheet Dave Cook said about with the California finflash,i plan on using the Alabama markings but if you want to finflash i post it out if you give me your addy details.

cheers,

Gary