Cool!I looked thru my old helmet bag not too long ago,I found a 781H for that bird in it!I liked "Speedy",it was a damn good plane when we were "P.O.W.'s" :thumbsup:

I got the tail done, decals didn't fit too well. Then dropped it and broke off the UHF antenna. Oh well, that's easy to fix. I think it weighs about 12 lbs. from all the resin I stuffed into it.

I got the tail done, decals didn't fit too well.

I hope the 181FW decals fit OK. I am about to use them on a 1/32 jet. Of course, the Fox One sheet is for the Hasegawa 1/32 kit, so I may be about to find myself some trouble.

Maybe I should start looking for someone to print me some custom decals??

Jake

• 2 weeks later...

I’m in with:

1/72 Hasegawa F-16A

906 TFG Wright Patterson AFRES –Repliscale

I’m going to backdate it with spare parts from the Revell kit.

Realistically it will be Feb-March before I can get started, but I wanted to throw my hat in the ring now.

I’m in with:

1/72 Hasegawa F-16A

906 TFG Wright Patterson AFRES –Repliscale

Aahh, the 906FG Vipers. I grew up adjacent to the base watching those things buzz around every day. Now, most of them are at AMARC or with Israel.

Looking forward to this build. Which jet are you doing?

Jake

Any idea why this plane has the cougar head instead of the rhino?

-Bill

The rhino didn't come around until about 1990. I think that photo was taken at the 1989 PhanCon, during the transition from the F-4 into the Viper.

Jake

Hi all,

It's time to make a confession here..... I can't decide which aircraft to do so that I can participate in this sheer genius of a Group Build!

I've been a big fan of ANG/AFRES aircraft for a very long time (or at least since picking up a gorgeous small-format book on F-4 Phantoms by Frank Mormillo in the early '90s, among other sources of inspiration) and have followed their development and employment closely ever since.

Before I go further, I want to congratulate the originators of this Build and those who've already displayed their work. Also, individuals like Jake have continued to inspire with great photos of various aircraft, Phantoms and Vipers in particular. Unfortunately, I'm still struggling to narrow down to less than twenty the right subject for this project.

The choice (an embarrassment of riches) has been narrowed down to the following:

an F-4D of the Georgia ANG, an F-4E of the 704 TFS, AFRES, or some F-16s of AZ, MI and/or IA ANG (I hope I have the state abbreviations correct - exact units I'm not so good on). Perhaps it's best to just hope that the end date is fluid! Needless to say, the only constraint is apparently the availability of these markings in 1/72 scale.

Cheers, as I'm now off to research the above,

Andrew.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

Hope I'm not too late to join in, not entirely sure how this passed me by really as I love ANG stuff sooo...

1/48 Hase F-4C (J conversion) Hawaii

1/48 Hase A-7D Unsure of unit, possibly South Dakota, Ohio or Michigan

1/48 Monogram F-101B Minnesota

And if I really get going

1/48 Hase F-104C Puerto Rico

1/48 Revell F-89C Idaho or Montana

Hope this is OK mods, couldn't see a closing date anywhere,

:thumbsup:

Gary

Hey guys,

I've had a few changes in my building schedule as of late. I finished the Texas F-16C and wasn't too happy with the outcome. It isn't terrible, but it isn't great. So, I'm putting the D model on hold until I feel the urge to finish it. I got rather discouraged with these two due to some primer issues.

In the meantime, I've been doing a lot of research into Navy and Marine Reserves and have gotten my hands on two Monogram F-18A kits. So, I'd like to include two F/A-18A+ Hornets. The first, using the Twobobs Katrina Relief sheet, will be the CAG bird from VFA-204. The second will be a VMFA-142 bird that participated in OIF in 2005.

I know its a bit of a change for me, but right now, that's more than welcome!

Jon

Jon,

A change of pace is good every once in a while; hence my building an F-16. It's actually gotten me out of the tremendous building slump that I was in, and now I try to make time a few times a week to sneak off to the workshop for an hour or two. For a while there, I was actually making excuses not to build anything....:huh:

Looking forward to seeing those Hornets. :whistle:

Hey all,

Hope I'm not too late to join in, not entirely sure how this passed me by really as I love ANG stuff sooo...

1/48 Hase F-4C (J conversion) Hawaii

1/48 Hase A-7D Unsure of unit, possibly South Dakota, Ohio or Michigan

1/48 Monogram F-101B Minnesota

And if I really get going

1/48 Hase F-104C Puerto Rico

1/48 Revell F-89C Idaho or Montana

Hope this is OK mods, couldn't see a closing date anywhere,

:D

Gary

Welcome aboard Gary

You're not too late

The closing date is May 1, 2007

Good luck!

John

Hi all,

It's time to make a confession here..... I can't decide which aircraft to do so that I can participate in this sheer genius of a Group Build!

I've been a big fan of ANG/AFRES aircraft for a very long time (or at least since picking up a gorgeous small-format book on F-4 Phantoms by Frank Mormillo in the early '90s, among other sources of inspiration) and have followed their development and employment closely ever since.

Before I go further, I want to congratulate the originators of this Build and those who've already displayed their work. Also, individuals like Jake have continued to inspire with great photos of various aircraft, Phantoms and Vipers in particular. Unfortunately, I'm still struggling to narrow down to less than twenty the right subject for this project.

The choice (an embarrassment of riches) has been narrowed down to the following:

an F-4D of the Georgia ANG, an F-4E of the 704 TFS, AFRES, or some F-16s of AZ, MI and/or IA ANG (I hope I have the state abbreviations correct - exact units I'm not so good on). Perhaps it's best to just hope that the end date is fluid! Needless to say, the only constraint is apparently the availability of these markings in 1/72 scale.

Cheers, as I'm now off to research the above,

Andrew.

I know what you mean Andrew

It pains me to have to limit myself as to what I build... I'd go crazy trying to get EVERYTHING built that I really wanted to.

Welcome aboard!

Cheers!

John

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm in with F-16C 85-1551, which some are building it as a 174FW boss, but i'm going to do it as a 174FS linebird, listening to the name 'Shark Shooter', Iowa ANG

All this in 1/72nd with eduards pre painted zoom set, some additional wiring in the gear bays, a homemade air intake and expert choice decals with (lucky me) the crew names on the sheet which were assigned to the jet :rofl:

Hope to get this bat ready before the deadline :yahoo:

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Duplicate post here. I posted in the wrong area by mistake.

My ProModeler P-47N has finally arrived to go with my ProModeler decals featuring National Guard Thunderbolts. Of the three States on the sheet, I chose Georgia because it is close to my home State of South Carolina and because it is the most colorful example. I've heard some good and some bad about this kit. Hopefully assembly will go OK.

-Michael

Well, I just found an incompatability between my chosen markings (GA-ANG) and the ProModeler P-47N. The GA-ANG aircraft was a P-47N-25-RE and the ProModeler P-47N is an earlier example with the navigation lights on the wingtips at the leading edge. P-47N-25s had the lights moved to the center of the tips (according to the kit instructions). So instead, I'll be doing a P-47N-15-RE from the Pennsylvania ANG.

An F-4G is always a nice one to do :)

and for the pics, try uploading them to photobucket, and link these pics in your posts afterwards

Greetings!

Edited by Fiddler