S & M Models 1/144 Viscount

Hello,

As the title asks, was this model released at the show?

I wasn't able to go to the show, and if I have missed its mention on any of the topics here, then forgive me (some of the topics in this section of the forum have strayed so far from their title, that for some I have just switched off!!).

Many thanks in advance for any who make the effort to answer. :cheers:

Hello,

I wasn't able to go to the show, and if I have missed its mention on any of the topics here, then forgive me (some of the topics in this section of the forum have strayed so far from their title, that for some I have just switched off!!).

Pinky,

It's not really my scene - but wandering around the halls at Telford, I recall seeing a guy on a small stand with what seemed like zillions of Viscounts for sale.

I didn't take a close look - but they were white (not sure if resin or vacform) - with a decal sheet with loads of red on it.

Sorry I can't be more specific - but I really didn't take too much notice - and I have a bad memory anyway!

Ken

PS - Looking at the list of traders for Telford - http://www.ipms-uk.co.uk/scalemodelworld/traders_2006.htm

S&M isn't listed - but I definitely saw some Viscounts being sold!

Hello,

Yes, the kit was on sale with a couple of traders and the S&M guy (ooooh errr) had is own stand too - hence the stack of 'zillions of Viscounts'.

When I saw the boxes on another traders stand, I got quite excited even though the subject is outside my usual area of interest. However, Mr S&M had a made up model (unpainted) and it looked a little basic for my liking... I assumed it was limited run plastic but the shiny white gloss looked a bit odd.

What do I know, though...

Ken and GR3A,

Many thanks to you both for your replies. When I read about the model in a magazine preview, it was listed as being a full 10,000 production run; that would explain the zillions of Viscounts (but I'm sure he didn't have all 10,000 there with him... :D ). Now all I have to do is find somewhere that sells them....

Thanks again :D

Hi

got to say that when I was given the plans to the hall so I could direct traders to their stands I was excited to see the S&M stand and intended to make a bee line for it. Imagine my disappointment when I found it covered in Viscounts, not even the chocolate biscuit variety.

Regards

Paul