Hi,

Rather than running a news section on the website it will be much easier (for me) to keep updating this file for latest news of the Splash GB status, so here goes :-

Mar 24

Since my last update the Splash GB gallery now contains a further 4 completed entries. Indydog's colourful Grummen Duck, wellzy's Seamew diorama, moeggo's huge PBY and Skyking with the scratchbuilt intricate Curtiss Seagull sporting a bright green scheme.

Mar 4

Latest update with the Splash GB which now has 55 entries. A few more additions to the completed gallery which now contains David Parker's beautiful Mavis flyingboat and I thought I should add my feeble offering of the Tamiya Swordfish. This brings the completed entry count to 9.

Feb 15

A while since the last GB update but today the Splash GB gallery has been joined by Badcop's Tamiya Seiran looking superb. Also the entry list has risen to 54.

Jan 22

The Splash GB entry list passes the magic 50 and now stands at 52! Also the gallery has now been updated to show Colins marvellous little Sopwith Schneider biplane, the first of our Schneider aircraft to be complete.

Jan 17

One more completed build for the Splash GB gallery #5 this time the beautiful little Heinkel He-51 care of desmojen.

Dec 30

Latest GB update has the entry list up to 47 and the 4th completed build on the Splash GB gallery. #4 comes in the shape of the monster 1/28 PBY-5 Catalina from the capable hands of Erwin Hallemeesch (erwin).

Also to announce that David Parker (miduppergunner) has generously donated a Hannants voucher for the prize raffle, see he likes me really.....

Dec 24

Just a quick update that the Splash group build now has 43 entries. :taunt:

Dec 20

Latest update that another 2 wonderful builds have now been added to the completed gallery section on the website. The first a 1/48 Loire 130M from Zdenko and also Tim Mansfields 72nd Novo Swordfish, that makes 3 for the gallery so far.

Dec 17

Bruce Grayson (Brews) has agreed to donate a prize for the Splash GB raffle. It comes in the shape of a deck of playing cards picturing a moored Short Solent flying boat of Tasman Empire Airways Limited.

Many thanks Bruce. :cheers:

Dec 14

Another prize has been donated towards the prize raffle. Erwin has generously donated a 1/48 Revell Eurofighter Typhoon for the raffle. Nice one Erwin :cheers:

Dec 12

With the GB only 12 days old our first completed build graces the Splash GB gallery. A beautiful Boeing Clipper by Andy Mullen, a real show stopper and well worth taking a look on the gallery.

Dec 11

Some great progress being made with entries so far and the list has increased to 36.

Also Steve from NA Hobbies has generously agreed to donate towards the raffle prize.

Dec 3

3rd official day of the Splash GB and so far we have 30 entries

Nov 30

Jeff 'Ranger74' has agreed to donate 1 or more of the following for the prize raffle:-

1/72 Encore Polikarpov I-15

1/72 MPC Ka-25abc

1/48 CA BF2C-1

Nov 29

Another day nearer the GB start date and we now have 22 entries. :cheers:

Nov 28

With the Floatplane/Seaplane GB official start time a few days away the website went live yesterday. Since then so far I have received 16 official entries and for a wide range of subjects. :banana:

Also 2 prizes have been donated for the raffle the first kindly donated by Chris Helton (I-16) is to be either a Monogram Cessna 180 Amphibian, or a Republic Sea-Bee.

The second I have donated a limited edition 1/48 Azur Loire 130M to be part of a diorama competition, details on the website homepage.

loire.jpg

Thats all for now

Doc

Edited by Dr Fester
  • 3 months later...