Great Felixstowe

Really great Felixstowe.

I understand your comment about the tail and the top wing, that exactly as I have got with mine. Did you put the tail on first and rig it, and did you glue the bottom wing into the fueslage before putting on the deck and building the top wing from there?

Great stuff, well done B) :cheers::worship:

Thanks.

My assembly order was:-

Fuselage (including top section)

Tailplane & Fin (but not control lines)

Lower main wings ( attached with brass rods pushed all the way through fuselage)

Engines to lower wing.

Top wing

Remaining interplane struts

Rigging of main wings

Control wires.

Good luck with yours - its worth all the effort!

Andrew

Really nice Felixstowe build there, I have two to do myself, hopefully these will end up in the Felixstowe Town museum as thats where I live!

Really not looking forward to the rigging.

Did you notice the comment about the striped camo in the decals, photos only exist of one side of the airframe so they had to do a "best guess" for the other side!

Julien :thumbsup:

Yes I did notice the comment and I just went with the full scheme as provided in the set as it looked as good as anything I could have thought up myself. I was very impressed with the way the decals went onto the model and can highly reccommend them to anyone doing either this scheme of the red with white swirls option.

One major blooper on my part though is that despite having a copy of the Windsock datafile on the Felixstowe I completly forgot to paint all of the struts in black and white as they appear in said photo. By the time I realised amy mistake all of the rigging had been installed and I decided that life was just too short to go back and repaint them.

Cheers

Andrew