Siver Leaf Rub 'n Buff

I picked up a tube of this to experiment with for my 737 NMF. It is a finely ground metallic finish in a wax base. You apply it with your finger, soft cloth, or toothbrush (for tight spots). When it sort of dries, you buff it like anything else. I tried working the 737 engines with it and it looks great, but it doesn't seem to be drying completely. It seems like once it is on and polished, it still has to be handled very carefully, like maybe with cotton photo gloves. Don't know about how it will look when sealed. Anyone have expeience with this product? It comes in small tube for about $4 at arts and crafts stores.

Yeah, you've outlined the main problems with this stuff - it never seems to dry properly, and shows up fingerprints like nothing else. You need white cotton gloves to handle it.

Back in the late 1960s, it was one of the best ways of doing metallic finishes, particularly on detail parts - nothing beat it on things like swords and suits of armour. Today there are lots of better ways of achieving the same effect.

Cheers,

Chris.