You guys seen this?

I couldn't tell you exact differences but I know at one time 3rd Wire Models was planning on a resin set to convert the Airfix Hawk I believe to a T-45. I keep hoping they'll start up production again.

As far as differences go between the Hawk and the T-45, I found this from Joe Hegedus from a couple of days ago:

"The wings are different, the fin of a T-45 is taller, the stabs of a T-45 are different, the landing gear is different, the aft fuselage is different due to the repositioned speedbrakes, ventral strake and hook, the nose is different to accomodate the larger nosegear, and there are differences in the cockpits that start with the seats and carry through to the panels although the panels of a T-45A are pretty close I think to a Hawk. The T-45C is quite different though, with glass MFDs in the panels."

Edited by David Walker

Thanks David. I saw Italeri T-45 kits and Airfix Hawk kits in the gallery and wondered why neither company made the other jet. And I agree with you, a T-45C kit ought to be in the market, especially if a few sprue changes on current kits would produce one.

I'm not aware of any external differences between the T-45A & T-45C - the C upgrade was primarily te glass cockpit and associated avionics. IIRC the C pit looks a lot like a Hornet pit, since that is where most of the students are headed.

Great pic - thanks. What's the centreline pod..?

Cheers,

Andre

yup...I seen it ..at Acapulco about a month ago on the airshow...here's the pic... :blink:

alextremoairshowivan041xs6.jpg