Is a combined reserve regular force unit acceptable?

I have a Dash 8 nav trainer that needs to be built. It would be in Canadian Forces new blue high vis markings of 402 squadron out of Winnipeg.

402 (or is it 403?) is a total force unit of the Canadian Forces. Its manned by both reservists and regular force personnel.

Would this be acceptable for the group build? Canada does not have many totaly reserve reserve units anymore. And all they fly is helicopters anyway. I have built enough of those for a while. :woot.gif:

Well....for Canadian content, (unless I do something from over 30 years ago) I think almost all reserve units are now a mixture of reserve and regular personel. And were down to only a couple of those now.

Anyone know whats left?

All I can think of is......

400 CH-146

401 disbanded?

402 Dash 8

409 was breifly a half and half unit but are now the only west coast fighter squadron

411 CH-146? not sure....do they still exist?

438 CH-146

443 disbanded?

I'm really behind the times on this info....anyone fill the blanks or correct what I posted?

As for my build......unless anyone says NO!!! You cant build it........I guess I'll build a Gonzo for my GB entry

I'm not sure if the other GB mods will agree but if a unit is partially made up of reservists or guardsmen it would still fall under the guidelines of the GB.

I would agree that it is acceptable to include it

Condsidering so many of our Guard units are taking on an "Associate" status where they have no aircraft of their own but borrow jets from a frontline Air Force squadron, I'm sure there are similar relationships set up between reserve and active duty units in other countries.

Cheers!

John

Nope, It's still going strong, right from Windsor almost to the Quebec border...world's largest parking lot on some days.

:blink:

I'm sorry.

Your loosing it kid! :cheers: Tell me about it, I'm on that highway between 2 and 4 hours a day. More now that the snow is coming.

• 3 months later...
Well....for Canadian content, (unless I do something from over 30 years ago) I think almost all reserve units are now a mixture of reserve and regular personel. And were down to only a couple of those now.

Anyone know whats left?

All I can think of is......

400 CH-146

401 disbanded?

402 Dash 8

409 was breifly a half and half unit but are now the only west coast fighter squadron

411 CH-146? not sure....do they still exist?

438 CH-146

443 disbanded?

I'm really behind the times on this info....anyone fill the blanks or correct what I posted?

As for my build......unless anyone says NO!!! You cant build it........I guess I'll build a Gonzo for my GB entry

401 Sqn was disbanded in 96

can't remember if it was 400 or 411 that got the chop about the same time

..sad days... just the coup d' grace from a process that started in the mid 1950's. Total "Farce" , as it was affectionately refered to, was simply about ensuring that the regular force would get control of the budget and create a double-dipping-earliy retirement-club-med arrangement. I'm glad I got in when I did, as there was still enough opportunity to give me a good start a career in aviation: I doubt the same could be said today (it certainly was not when I left).

Sorry for the I should be building a model!, I simply feel that Canada's own " Battle of Britan" Squadron deserved a better end.

Stan Cunningham

401 Air Reaserve Sqn

1979 - 1995