Contrail 1/72 Blackburn Iris III

OK, fuselage edge sanded today, got to do the openings.

I played with nacelles more and can make 3 matching pairs, but there is obviously a difference among them that isn't noted on the instructions or plans. Oh, well ...

John

• 4 months later...
John, you are a brave man sir, and I salute you :o

I'll follow this one with interest.

Steve.

Hey boys, with all respect to John who is working on the Iris, I am tackling the Iris too!

Even worse: I am working on the bagged Contrail version, with no white metal parts at all, and the wing-surfaces are like sand: millions of tiny holes... But hey, it is a flying boat from the Contrail-series!

She is in good company on the work-bench with the Supermarine Scapa and Saunders Roe London, and when these are finished there is a decent Blackburn Perth (or Blackburn Iris V) waiting to get started, as well as a second SaRo London... Yes, all by Contrail.

So, no big deal in constructing these golden oldies... Even a woman like me can do the trick...

Maya

• 1 year later...

Hello to the Floatplane group build. I hope I am posting in the correct section. I missed the computer revolution although I certainly remember vacform kits. I have an abiding interest in Floatplanes and Flyingboats and hope to follow the build up of the Contrail Iris. Good luck with it all, I think it would be beyond my skill and patience level.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...
Hello to the Floatplane group build. I hope I am posting in the correct section. I missed the computer revolution although I certainly remember vacform kits. I have an abiding interest in Floatplanes and Flyingboats and hope to follow the build up of the Contrail Iris. Good luck with it all, I think it would be beyond my skill and patience level.

Regards

Hmmm... December 2006. Guess I should have checked the date.