F-35's first flight coming up

Lockheed Martin Photo - " The first F-35 Lightning II speeds along the runway at 127 miles per hour on Dec. 12 at Lockheed Martin in Fort Worth, Texas. "

Regards

Jim Barr

13810di3.jpg

Edited by Jim Barr
I like that it looks like it has a 'pizza box' IFF antenna infront of the canopy like the F-18E/F

Matt

No, that is "something else"...

And Jim is correct, that is the definitive canopy hinge design.

And I don't think 9 am is gonna happen, not based on what/who I know... maybe later in the day.

No, that is "something else"...

And Jim is correct, that is the definitive canopy hinge design.

And I don't think 9 am is gonna happen, not based on what/who I know... maybe later in the day.

It is not going to happen today. They needed to replace a probe and need to re-do taxi run. It is unclear if it wll be flying tomorrow or not but I'll know by 8a.m. tomorrow and will post back.

Thursday's taxi test eventually happened, it looked like they overheated the brakes. I don't know if they successfully regression tested the failed/replaced air data probe, but it did not look like they got up to 110kts in the test.

Friday will either be another taxi test or first flight, don't know which. Lots of people lining the streets watching though...

Hoi,

Found this in the F-16.net forum:

1 open windows media player

2 choose file open URL and enter http://v2.teamJSF.com/lmco_fftest

With AOL it automatically opens up it's own window. The reader is saying that the flight has been delayed until 12:30-12:45. The FAA has allowed commercial airtraffic in again and there will be too much congestion until that time (it had been too foggy before).

later

Ruud