72nd Eurocopter Tiger by Revell

I got Revell's new Eurocopter Tiger today! Had to wait for a parking space for half an hour and had to fight through lots of people in the pedestrian precinct (X-Mas eez a comin'!), but it was worth it definitely! I also got Revell's new 72nd C-160 Transall. I'll do an in-box review of that kit later.

EDIT: Transall review is out now! Read it HERE!

SD530186.jpg

As the box top states, the kit includes both parts and markings for German and French versions. The plastic itself is a green shiny stuff (that probably screwed up photography :blink: ).

SD530169.jpg

SD530170.jpg

The transparencies are clear, not tinted as the pics suggests. The FOD guards are represented as clear parts (right-hand corner and upper left corner).

SD530172.jpg

Edited by ChernayaAkula

The decals for both German and French helos.

2006-12-10-1748-37.jpg

The transparencies. The flat parts are very clear and do not distort at all. The sides however distort vision somewhat.

SD530171.jpg

The detail is nicely engraved and raised where appropriate.

SD530165.jpg

The cockpit consoles are nicely detailed. The side consoles, although provided, are not detailed at all. Seats come with seat-belts.

SD530187.jpg

Edited by ChernayaAkula

More details (nose section of HAP)

SD530174.jpg

Some weapons (of HAP in this case)

SD530189.jpg

Weapons include HOT, TRIGAT, French rocket-pods, round rocket-pods (which I guess are for the German version), Mistrals and Stingers. And, of course, the 30mm cannon for the HAP.

The instructions are a lot more detailed than previous instruction sheets. Almost all panel lines are visible in the drawings.

2006-12-10-1750-25.jpg

Painting guides, on the other hand, are quite small (due to small box), but suffice. You'll have to do the well-known Revell "Sir-Mix-A-Lot routine" - no international codes given.

2006-12-10-1753-22.jpg

2006-12-10-1751-49.jpg

I can't comment on fit yet.

But the detail looks incredible.

From the looks of it, a great kit.

How about an Aussie or Spanish version - anybody in the know as to what modifications will be required?

Hope you liked this review! It'd be even better, if it was of any help!

:blink:

Edited by ChernayaAkula

The transparent FOD guards look like an interesting idea. It would be great if they looked right, but I have doubts.

I have been wondering, how to make the wire mesh FOD guards on the NH90, when the updated 1/72 model finally comes out. Now I would expect Revell to use this same solution.

Still, even though the things are quite large in the real aircraft, I guess a 1/72 model will look better without the FOD guards than with any out-of-scale or otherwise bad-looking parts.

Mikko

I'm disappointed that the test shots were in a beautiful pale grey plastic and they switched to that nasty dark green brittle stuff for the production kit. . minor point but still an annoyance. Looks like your rear instrument panel is broken too. . .

My two should be here in the next few days.

I'm disappointed that the test shots were in a beautiful pale grey plastic and they switched to that nasty dark green brittle stuff for the production kit. . minor point but still an annoyance. Looks like your rear instrument panel is broken too. . .

My two should be here in the next few days.

Oh, yeah, now that you said it, I noticed it too. B)

I'm also a bit disappointed about the green plastic. They did the same on the RF-4E they re-released a couple o' weeks ago.

EDIT: I'm sorry, if any of you got red Xs, but I moved the pics around in Photobucket. Had to clean that up a bit. Pics should work again now.

Edited by ChernayaAkula
I'm also a bit disappointed about the green plastic. They did the same on the RF-4E they re-released a couple o' weeks ago.

Thats the same as in the "original" release. Guess its all because their main consumers are kids who are more interested in playing then building or painting