Finally did some work...

Today my near completed fuselage decided to "jump" off the table and hit the kitchen floor, I almost S___ a

brick. I looked down and only the vertical stabilizer broke off and one of the stans underneath. Should take me a half hour or so to fix. All told, I took a big sigh of relief... :cheers:

Jeff

looks like he's sitting during CC preflight checks I hope. Time to get painting!

Well,if he is,the crew chief would be griping at him to get his damn digits back in the cockpit!

The ADF build looks totally awesome and the scratch building you've done is incredible :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I think I'm done scratchbuilding, I really didn't plan to do this much, I just love the Aires kits, etc, but alas, as a municipal cop with 3 kids, can't afford em. I just wanted to busy up the whell wells, not perfect by any means, just busier than how it came. It'll be cool to see what tamiya does with their new Viper wheel wells. There is just sooo much plumbing in these on the real thing, I didn't even start. I'll wire up the landing gear itself, but thats it. Now to paint, finally, lets hope the temp. warms up a bit.

wheelwells005.jpg

LOX tank side

wheelwells004.jpg

Battery side

wheelwells003.jpg

Both MLG and NLG together.

Edited by jefropas
  • 3 weeks later...

Painted the not so seamless intake and the wheel wells white yesterday, now I can actually get to assembling this puppy. I'll post pics when it gets all closed up. Nice to actually paint something. I wish I had time like some of you guys, between working midnights and 3 kids, it just ain't there...

Jeff

• 3 weeks later...

I see light, not much, but a little. Finally got off midnight shift and had a little time.

pylons003.jpg

Not so seamless intake, 72nd scale Revell F-16 exhaust stuck at rear.

pylons004.jpg

Painted wheel wells, not detailed though yet...

pylons001.jpg

Revell ADF centerline tank, way better than kit tank.

pylons002.jpg

radome with ultra thin strip styrene sanded flat to better simulate the static elec. conductors, also used Revell kits much better shaped RHAWS (teardrops).

pylons005.jpg

Training Mavericks,(not finished) since Peoria was a GP unit with the ADF, along with Puerto Rico.

pylons006.jpg

My biggest pain, homemade LAU-117's for the Mav's. Used the kits extra sidewinder rails, an hour surgery,

and voila.(still have some seams to close) Not too bad. Now its time to paint for real, with luck and change to day shift, I may make it.....

Jeff

Edited by jefropas
Training Mavericks,(not finished) since Peoria was a GP unit with the ADF, along with Puerto Rico.

Jeff

And Montana, and Minnesota, and...........

Just giving you a hard time. ;) Progress looks great. I can't wait to see it finished!

Jake

PS--I don't know if I've ever seen any of the ADF units with Mavs. Are you sure the ADF had the capabilities to shoot them?

Jake

Jake,

Yep, they were Mav. shooters, and you had the pics in your hands for a few months too (LOL!). If I ever get this scanner hooked up I can show everyone else as well. I thought it would be an interesting loadout given the units short lifespan in Vipers.

Jeff

Jake,

Yep, they were Mav. shooters, and you had the pics in your hands for a few months too (LOL!).

I did??? Well, shoot, I must have missed the AGM-65s.

Jake