Both kits are great, now let's move on and build one or two, then we can all gripe about how they both sucked while we built them.

All I need for this is the Revell one being out here in Germany and your decals :D

Ok, I haven't ordered them yet but I will very soon :cheers:

I've never heard a single person, ever, refer to it as a POS.
I've got 4 Hase (2 special versions + 2 production line), and every time I try to buy Revell's one, I see the big inaccurencies on the boxside's photos: sorry, but I can't buy this crap.
Thanks a lot for your taking so much time for writing that reply skull leader, you really helped me a lot.

Just one more question: Why does the Hasegawa kit come with two kinds of rails?

Because the original LAU-127 rails were replaced during production of the jets with a newer version of the LAU-127 that has some internal and external differences. The old type are also the only rails authorized for use on the wing pylons.

Jotter! Where have you been man? I haven't seen many posts from you lately. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong forums. Hope all is well!

I bet Dr. Pepper could come out with some. I think I remember a discussion where he said someone had been working on them and he didn't want to step on toes. That's what's great about him! If he finds out that project isn't going anywhere, maybe he'll take the ball and run with it. Twould be nice!

Hey Darren!

I've been keeping busy. I got a dog and got married, you know, the usual. I'm starting to get back to my modeling so I'm back on the boards!! I see you've been keeping busy yourself ( I just got a Steel Beach refueling probe bay for my Tomcat...nice!)

Jotter

carrierdeck5.jpg

Is it just me, or is the deflection of the flaps on the SH in the bottom right corner (107) pretty miniscule?

Disclaimer: I read all the posts on the flaps up/down controversy when both kits were released, both here and on HS, and followed John Chung's build with interest. I bought both a Hase F and Revell E. I won't be buying any more (I only build one of each type).

Jon

Well, my Hasegawa F arrived today.

I'm impressed! Looks like its gonna be a good build. I like the 6 page color booklet of detail photos included in it. The decals are pretty impressive too, even though I won't be using them.

Upon my perusing the box, I realized why the kit is so expensive. As I turned it around, marveling that I actually had the kit in my house, I noticed a small blue square that read "Boeing Officially Licensed Product". Infuriating.

Still... I'm looking forward to doing a simultaneous VF/VFA-32 build with my Hasegawa Tomcat and Super Hornet.

Jon

Is it just me, or is the deflection of the flaps on the SH in the bottom right corner (107) pretty miniscule?

I agree, they are almost completely up. Also, look at the C a little farther forward on the deck. Its flaps appear up also. Anyone who knows Hornets well care to shed a light on this?

I agree, they are almost completely up. Also, look at the C a little farther forward on the deck. Its flaps appear up also. Anyone who knows Hornets well care to shed a light on this?

Betcha those jets are freshly shut down and parked.

Anyways, here's what I managed to do with the Revell F/A-18E.

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Gal5...nes/gal4383.htm

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Gal5...nes/gal4383.htm

My thoughts exactly. I don't claim to know Super Hornet systems, but if they're hydraulically actuated, the system probably hasn't bled down yet and they're just starting to droop.

Just my $.02

Jon

My thoughts exactly. I don't claim to know Super Hornet systems, but if they're hydraulically actuated, the system probably hasn't bled down yet and they're just starting to droop.

Just my $.02

Jon

FBW systems still use hydraulics to actually move the control surfaces. They just use electronics to tell the hydraulics how far to move. The Super Hornet's hydraulics actually have high and low pressure settings, depending on factors like airspeed.

BTW what do you think of that Superbug I built?

Edited by Tomcat Fanatic

Which is kind of the crux of the argument. Is a model supposed to replicate an aircraft at a particular moment in time, or for minutes? Seconds? Hours? Years?

Regards,

Murph

Edited by Murph