Uhm....i'm almost done here with my entry.....

Hi guys

I feel almost embarrassed to have my entry ready this soon but i had some spare time on my hands and this A-10 is just an easy build. I did all the paintwork, decalling and weathering in one (long) night.

172_A10_05.jpg

In my previous post i finished construction, so the next step was to accentuate the panel lines. Did this with a brush.

172_A10_06.jpg

Misted the entire model with a light grey as a primer. The bottom half has dried at this point and has received a full coat of the light gray. I blowdry all the paintwork with a hairblower because i dislike waiting around for it to dry. Especially with the ordnance it is really nice to have it dry in a few seconds. Of course you need to use acrylics for it to work.

172_A10_07.jpg

A darker grey for the top half of the model, directly after this photo i cleaned up the cockpit again with a toothpick.

172_A10_08.jpg

The model in a temporary display stand, decalling is done in a few minutes because there are actually very little supplied with the kit.

172_A10_09.jpg

Ready for weathering, forgot to add the pitot tube but noticed it afterwards.

172_A10_10.jpg

Started out with applying some minor chips (in green) over the fusalage. Then a brown wash, and further accentuating of the panel lines with a brown pencil.

172_A10_11.jpg

In the morning it looked like this. Only really need to add the final display stand and its done. Those pics will follow.

greetz

Jochem

Great looking Hawg, and great choice of units. The 110FW is one of my favorite units.

If you've never seen one of their jets in person, you might be surprised. They keep their jets in absolutely impeccable shape. Every one of their jets look like they just rolled out of the paintshop.

Jake

80-0263_2_JMelampy.jpg

Hey guys

Thanks for the responses. Jake, seems like the Hog in the pic has another cammo scheme and perhaps my taste for a dirty plane is a bit off in this case :blink: Lets keep the thought of it flying lowlevel over dusty terrain with alot of moisture in the air B) Only ever seen Hogs on an airshow in the Netherlands but these were from a different unit.

The last pic shows the model too light by the way, it is darker overall. Tomorrow i'll take better shots (weather permitting).

Thinking of buying another one of these and making it in the European green scheme.

Cheers

Jochem

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...