4-5 Lethbridge, AB

10-12 Abbotsford, BC

18-19 Saskatoon, SK

25-26 St. Catharines, ON

29 Brantford, ON

September

1-3 Toronto, ON

8-9 Halifax, NS

:crying: Great to see another airshow back in Moose Jaw again this summer. Also great to see the CF-18 heading back to Europe for another show at Fairford. I can't wait to see this years paint scheme....I heard a rumour that they are going to paint the whole jet again like they used to. Hopefully this rumour is true :)

Edited by James15Wing
Well, I wouldn't go that far yet. I read an article in the Leader Post and Tourism Moose Jaw was suprised to see the Snowbirds performing in July at Moose Jaw....they had no idea. Performance was labelled an "Airforce Appreciation Day" in the article. If it turns into a full blown air show, all the better, but I am taking a wait and see approach here....I don't see the air show committee solving it's cash problems that quickly. Nonetheless, I will be in attendance.

As for a fully painted jet....I'd welcome it....as long as it isn't gaudy or over the top.

They can call it whatever they want. If the CF-18 and Snowbirds are performing then I am there.

:cheers:

Hey Cheetah,

According to the Snowbirds 2007 Schedule they are appearing in Moncton on June 16 & 17. Have you herd if Moncton is having an air show or is just a Snowbird demo? It would be great to see the another airshow back in Maritimes. I miss the old days when you could go to at least 1 airshow a month during the summer.

Edited by Kzee
Hey Cheetah,

According to the Snowbirds 2007 Schedule they are appearing in Moncton on June 16 & 17. Have you herd if Moncton is having an air show or is just a Snowbird demo? It would be great to see the another airshow back in Maritimes. I miss the old days when you could go to at least 1 airshow a month during the summer.

Whao!, That's the first I've heard of it. I havent heard of an Airshow planned either. We use to have airshows here regularly at the old CFB Moncton in the 70's. Now with the new airport terminal occuping the space of the old base, an airshow would be possible by the old terminal. Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep a lookout for any info.

• 1 month later...

:thumbsup::cheers: :) :)

(credit dnd.ca)

Latest News

15 WING IS THRILLED TO HOST ARMED FORCES DAY

Jan. 25, 2007

15 Wing is delighted to host an Armed Forces Day July 7, 2007, showcasing 15 Wing and the Canadian Forces to the local community with static displays as well as ground and aerial demonstrations.

“The 15 Wing Armed Forces Day provides an important opportunity for Army, Navy and Air Force personnel to connect with Canadians in our hometown,†said Colonel Richard Foster, Commander, 15 Wing. “The community of Moose Jaw has embraced 15 Wing – this is our way of showing appreciation for the great community support.â€

Highlights of the 15 Wing Armed Forces Day will include air performances from the Canadian Forces Snowbirds and the CF-18 Hornet Demonstration. Visitors will also have the opportunity to see Air Force and Army static displays.

“15 Wing is proud and honoured to be the largest flying school in Canada and the home of the Canadian Forces Snowbirds,†said Colonel Foster. “We are looking forward to demonstrating the professionalism and skill of the Canadian Forces in a fun-filled, free community event.â€

http://www.airforce.forces.gc.ca/15wing/ne...=59&id=2308

.....and work is underway to get an ACC demo as well.

Edited by James15Wing
St Thomas?? I guess that will be the replacement for the ever missing London air show.

London Air Shows are history as I understand it.

The Airport Management forced out the long established promoter years ago.

Primary focus for London is economic developement of Airport.

I think that former promoter is the one behind St. Thomas (only 25 min. from London but 25% more ;) ) and has tried to set up something with the City of Sarnia in the past.

However both St. Thomas & Sarnia are much smaller airports & thus smaller shows compared to the old London Airshows.

• 4 months later...

St. Thomas is looking pretty good:

http://www.wingsnwheels.ca

It looks like a combination of some from St. Thomas (they had the Snowbirds last year) and London Air Show past organizers. They are going to have the Snowbirds again and the CF-18 Demo Team, ACC East Demo Team (F-16), KC-135 refueling demonstration, etc, etc..... It is a smaller airport but the main runway is 5000ft? They sure have alot of performers listed, even if only half show up it would be a pretty great show.

Well....if Tony can make it , we will be easy to figure out....... I'll be the tall bald guy (distinguished type) in a white suit, with a little bald guy, also in a white suit. :)

Tony will be the one yelling......"DA PLANE- DA PLANE"!!!!!!!!!!! B) :lol:

I figured that would get a "raise" out of you......every "little" bit helps eh? :woo: :o

Ohh....I'll be going Saturday. As of now.

Edited by phantom

In real life I kind of doubt I'll be in a white suit.

More then likley, shirt and shorts...Still be 6'4" big blue camera bag, either a old issue green field cap (if I can find it) or just a simple ball cap with a red maple leaf and ARMY/ARMEE on it.

Tony will still be running around going "Da Plane- Da Plane".