VF-194 Red Lightnings' F-14 Tomcat

Hi,

I have been unable to find decals for this very short-lived F-14 outfit. I know that Repliscale did some sheets for F-14 units that have never been done since. Did they or anyone else do a sheet for VF-194?

The same question is also valid for VF 301 and VF 302.

TIA

Martinsson

Brian pretty much covered it... although I was under the impression that this sheet was only done in 1/72 scale, not 1/48. I could be wrong though. I know for my VF-191 markings, I had to take the artwork, have it re-drawn in 1/48 and then printed my own copy of it. You may have to go the same route for 194

Repliscale 48-5012 seems to be a very rare sheet. I hadn´t even heard of it before. 5011 seems to be more frequently available and asked for.

Skull Leader, how did you print your own sheet? The art work is simple enough but printing the decals to a good quality leaves me wanting!

Thanks

Martin

Edited by Martinsson
Repliscale 48-5012 seems to be a very rare sheet. I hadn´t even heard of it before. 5011 seems to be more frequently available and asked for.

Skull Leader, how did you print your own sheet? The art work is simple enough but printing the decals to a good quality leaves me wanting!

Thanks

Martin

If you can't find the 1/48 sheet, but you can find the 1/72, get it and scan it in... find someone to blow it up and redraw them in 1/48 and just print them off on decal paper. :)

Do you use an inkjet printer or a laser printer? And how do you get clean colors? I have seen so many home made decal sheets where you can see the pixels that the printer creats when it mixes the colors. Even on ALPS-printed decals actually. I am curious to how you get around this problem.

Maybe nachjager can help with a high resolution scan?

Thanks for your inputs!

Martin

I don't know if this helps, but I have a 1/72nd Hasegawa limited edition F-14A kit ("Sundowners" boxing) with Cartograph decals for 2 VF-111 birds (both hi-viz) and one hi-viz VF-194 aircraft.

Who knows, perhaps this has also been released in 1/48..?

HTH,

Andre