F-14D TOMCAT VF-2, 1/32 Tamiya Conversion

What is the CAM set?

Anthony, maybe, could it be the GE exhaust nozzles? (I can't see the Teknics conversion...)

Manuel, I will be following this thread very closing, as I will have to build the same kit (B-version, in -102 markings). I own the Golden Dragons wheels, too, and they really are good for any B/D versions. The bird you chose is very spectacular.

Luca

• 7 months later...

Manuel, you have the IFR door cover shown as an area needing to be filled. Don't forget that on that cruise, they removed the doors and left the probe and probe bay uncovered:

01tg6.jpg

:P

Daniel

I'll be looking forward to your progress. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find any photos for that specific aircraft, even though it would have been the "A" version back in my day. I remember when they started taking the IFR doors off during Desert Storm. I watched one get ingested during a launch and FOD the engine out. It was not pretty.

I'm glad you picked the Bounty Hunters. I always loved their colors. I know these are the Deltas, but I thought it might be worth looking at. Cheers

Eddie

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/scu...untyHunters.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/scu.../Picture844.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/scu.../Picture490.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/scu.../Picture486.jpg

Good luck with these beautiful big plane. Your explain with step by step are great, so i can follow you what you have doing it.

I've one on stash for F-14B with teknics conversion. I'll build into VF-143.

Manuel, you have the IFR door cover shown as an area needing to be filled. Don't forget that on that cruise, they removed the doors and left the probe and probe bay uncovered:

:wave:

Daniel

Hi Daniel, well I made this tomcat with the probe bay covered. :whistle:

Here some pics detaling the GUN BAY VENTS...

1-32F-14DTamiyaVF-2009.jpg

1-32F-14DTamiyaVF-2010.jpg

1-32F-14DTamiyaVF-2011.jpg

1-32F-14DTamiyaVF-2012.jpg

Greetings...

Hi:

In the frontal fuselage it lodges the cockpit and the Main Landig Gear. The Kit of tamiya offers detailing with many deficiencies, too many marks of injection and cut wiring, seeing photos I realized that can be fixed with something of Scratch so...

1-32F-14DTamiyaVF-2013.jpg

1-32F-14DTamiyaVF-2014.jpg

1-32F-14DTamiyaVF-2015.jpg

1-32F-14DTamiyaVF-2016.jpg

I don´t finish the details yet, I have to make a few details more, the wires, painting and weathering of course.

Watching your progress closely. Am debating myself whether or not my scatch-building skills are enough to conquer all of the landing gear bays. I was planning on adding details but not starting from scratch like yourself... oh well. Just curious, for the open NACA vents below the cannon, are you going to stick some card in behind it or just leave them open like that? Looks fantastic so far!

Ben

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone: continuing with this Tomcat, detailing the Nose gear bay, I tried it to detail to which the scale allows.

I use Copper and and steel to make the wires, This Whell bay is almost finish it need the weathering a few more wires and paint with black another wires too.

Here the pics.

1-32F-14DTamiyaVF-2020.jpg

1-32F-14DTamiyaVF-2021.jpg

1-32F-14DTamiyaVF-2022.jpg

1-32F-14DTamiyaVF-2023.jpg

1-32F-14DTamiyaVF-2024.jpg

1-32F-14DTamiyaVF-2025.jpg

1-32F-14DTamiyaVF-2026.jpg

1-32F-14DTamiyaVF-2027.jpg

1-32F-14DTamiyaVF-2028.jpg

1-32F-14DTamiyaVF-2029.jpg

Greetings... :thumbsup: