F-14D TOMCAT VF-2, 1/32 Tamiya Conversion

Hi Manuel,

I am absolutely floored by your progress. You are not only amazing at your craft, but fast too! I was wondering if you could tell me what colour you used on the fabric covers for the glareshields. They look very realistic as per the DACO book. Is it a specific colour or did you mix? I am building a B model 'Cat (Tamiya 1/32) with the Teknics/Eduard cockpit aftermarket sets. If mine looks ANYTHING like yours when I'm all finished, I'll be thrilled. Nice work with the ladder as well, might just have to emulate that!

Thanks for the inspiration!

Ben

Hi Manuel,

I am absolutely floored by your progress. You are not only amazing at your craft, but fast too! I was wondering if you could tell me what colour you used on the fabric covers for the glareshields. They look very realistic as per the DACO book. Is it a specific colour or did you mix? I am building a B model 'Cat (Tamiya 1/32) with the Teknics/Eduard cockpit aftermarket sets. If mine looks ANYTHING like yours when I'm all finished, I'll be thrilled. Nice work with the ladder as well, might just have to emulate that!

Thanks for the inspiration!

Ben

Hi Ben I paint the covers with Rust from Model master, but I have to mix it with black...

Thankyou guys for all the comments...

Here a little step... :)

a few pics...

1-32F-14DTamiyaVF-2124.jpg

1-32F-14DTamiyaVF-2125.jpg

1-32F-14DTamiyaVF-2126.jpg

I want to glue the front fusselage, that step is really hard...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, using a technique recommended by the people of AMEL, aluminum plates, useful in modeling, here detailing the front fuselage, attaching these plates with epoxic glue and then sandpapered to better accommodate the fuselage... well to many words are so bored so here four pics.

1-32F-14DTamiyaVF-2127.jpg

1-32F-14DTamiyaVF-2128.jpg

1-32F-14DTamiyaVF-2129.jpg

1-32F-14DTamiyaVF-2130.jpg

Greetings...

Edited by Manuel J. Armas S.
  • 1 month later...

Hi Manuel, exceptional work on the cockpit, just beautiful!

Question on the instruments you printed on a transparency: did you scan those in from an existing decal sheet or create them yourself using a computer program? In either case they came out fantastic, just wondering which method you used because I'd love to get similar results :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, how are you? here with a small advance, but substantial ...

I put in Stand By this process because I was building an 1/48 EF-2000 Revell of Germany, that is for a contest among four people maybe five ...

Well ....

I had to cut the air intake to make it as it should be, I send to make copies of the palets of the F-16C Tamiya, this kit is F-14A, and the F-14D si diferent, so..., good and I could not contain my genius; I have a friend in amel Dony Alva, he made the copies

1-32F-14DTamiyaVF-2132.jpg

1-32F-14DTamiyaVF-2133.jpg

1-32F-14DTamiyaVF-2131.jpg

Soon more progress...

Pd. Hi Brian, I made just seen some pics, and I used Corel Draw to make the instruments panels greetings

Hi, Here Again, thanks for looking and post your comments...

Well I have a Fight with the air Intake :salute: ... really is a madness make this part... We need a better TOMCAT 1/32 Urgent!...

I find a white plastic sheet, flexible and I can glue it with models Cemtets so it was perfect...

Here the pics...

1-32F-14DTamiyaVF-2134.jpg

1-32F-14DTamiyaVF-2135.jpg

1-32F-14DTamiyaVF-2136.jpg

... Now I have to fight with the upper side...

Greetins from Lima - PERU

Manuel I agree we do need a new Kitty in this scale, but would it really be worth the $200 US dollars for it? If I had the cash I would buy several but what about everyone else. Don't you dare give up on this one now!!!!!!!!!!!!