F-14D TOMCAT VF-2, 1/32 Tamiya Conversion

Awesome! Truly amazing. I just found this build. How did you make the screens for the cockpit? And are you going to have a crew in the aircraft?

Well I made it in Corel Draw, but I´m not sure with the crew...

Hi Everyone here again ...

A little update, continuing with the bottom of the Jet Intakes, first I sanding the edges and gave it with epoxy glue joints in the end, after a vigorous sanded and now to finish this part a few putty, before to finish sanding, pics here.

1-32F-14DTamiyaVF-2138.jpg

1-32F-14DTamiyaVF-2137.jpg

Tomorrow after the putty dry I make the final sanding and then top of the JET INTAKE I have some idea of how to make it.

Greetings.

Hey Manuel

Great work so far, I just bought a 1/32 F-14 on ebay last night. Your work is exciting. Is there anyway you would sell me that corel draw file with the instrument displays. It would be for personal use only.

Edited by graves_09
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys...

Here Again and still with the intakes, but now the upper part, this part start in straight line and ends in curve line so, I was thinking how I can do it? So I made the upper part of the intake with paper and epoxic glue.

1-32F-14DTamiyaVF-2139.jpg

1-32F-14DTamiyaVF-2140.jpg

1-32F-14DTamiyaVF-2141.jpg

1-32F-14DTamiyaVF-2142.jpg

1-32F-14DTamiyaVF-2143.jpg

1-32F-14DTamiyaVF-2144.jpg

After it dry I remove the paper, but the paper still glue to the surface, but I have to sand that part so the paper soon or later will be removed.

1-32F-14DTamiyaVF-2145.jpg

1-32F-14DTamiyaVF-2146.jpg

1-32F-14DTamiyaVF-2147.jpg

1-32F-14DTamiyaVF-2148.jpg

Well this part is not finished yet, I have to sand and paint. I´m insist we need a better TOMCAT 1/32

Greetings from Lima - PERU.

Edited by Manuel J. Armas S.
  • 1 month later...
Well I made it in Corel Draw, but I´m not sure with the crew...

Hi Everyone here again ...

A little update, continuing with the bottom of the Jet Intakes, first I sanding the edges and gave it with epoxy glue joints in the end, after a vigorous sanded and now to finish this part a few putty, before to finish sanding, pics here.

...snip...

Tomorrow after the putty dry I make the final sanding and then top of the JET INTAKE I have some idea of how to make it.

Greetings.

Any chance of getting a copy of those screens in the format you did them in? I'm currently working on an F-14D as well and would LOVE some screens to put in there ;)

Edited by Shizman
Hi guys, using a technique recommended by the people of AMEL, aluminum plates, useful in modeling, here detailing the front fuselage, attaching these plates with epoxic glue and then sandpapered to better accommodate the fuselage... well to many words are so bored so here four pics.

Greetings...

Do you have a link for the technique? I can't find whatever AMEL is. Sorry for my ignorance...

Hi, Manuel! I'd just traced your thread thoroughtly...All I can say - absolutely great! :crying2::rofl:

The 'pit is absolutely stunning! Being so nice painted and so highly detailed it looks outstanding!

Though I'm not a Cat's fan I will follow this thread with much interest. Very spectacular show, indeed!

Keen to see your build complete.

Cheers and happy modeling!

Alexander.

:rofl:

Hi everyone...

BlackCollar, I clean the resin parts with Thinner...

And Shizman I can send you the corel file just I need your e-mail and time because I have to find it, and Amel is ModelClub. I don´t have the technique tha you request in pics, but is easy just cut and glue...

Hi, Girolamo LORUSSO, maybe I made the pilots maybe not... I understand with pilots the cockpit can be on. But... that really matters?

Greetings...

• 11 months later...