Welcome to the new forum

Welcome everyone!!! I hope ARC'ers get plenty of use out of this Forum relating to all events at the 2007 IPMS/USA National Convention. It is going to be one heck of a show!!!

You can find the webiste devoted to this event at this URL....

http://www.ipmsusa2007.org/

Special thanks to the 2007 Nats staff for putting on this event: Nat Richards, James Woody, Mike Bradley, Steve Munroe, Pete Hiatt, Tony Avalos, Brian Casteel, Terry Huber, Lindy Woody, Reed West.

Steve B

Edited by SBARC
Sweet, 07 forums up already :D

The burning question at the moment is: Will Steve B be there? :D

I sort of figured you'd be a key member of this new forum. :cheers:

I really wanted to go Anthony.....but my wife and I looked at the family finances and the family debt load and it doesn't look like I'll be making it. :( We need to do the responsible parental thing.

I will of course support the event anyway I can......including ARC financial support for the Twobobs Party. :huh:

Steve B

I sort of figured you'd be a key member of this new forum. :cheers:

I really wanted to go Anthony.....but my wife and I looked at the family finances and the family debt load and it doesn't look like I'll be making it. :D We need to do the responsible parental thing.

I will of course support the event anyway I can......including ARC financial support for the Twobobs Party.

Steve B

Well last year did it for me (and my mom :huh:), so this time dad wants to come also :D

We'll definitely miss you there. Just wont be the same w/o. :(

But on the other hand, we have almost 3/4 of a year to go, who knows....

Edited by AnthonyWan
Well....guess I'll have to hang out with Anthony then!!! Sure, the year I finally go and Steve B won't be there......... :nanner:

Yeah you me both Colin. No Steve B, no Ken M, and I had a surprise Pink sombrero presentation that was going to be out of this world,

Well, I guess we're going to have to wait for another NATS. :D

Cheers :D

Andy G

I guess we'll have to hold off unitl '08 to do another one, fellas. Again, as much as I'd like to be there, I have some other obligations that take priority this year. Most notably, my son will be going to college in the fall, as well as some home improvements that need to be done.

I have no doubt that this is going to be a great show, and I'd really like to be there. I'm sure that Steve, Ken, and Alby feel the same way, but sometimes responsibilities get in the way of the fun stuff. Hope that everyone has a great time on the West Coast next summer, and in the meantime, we'll be looking ahead to seeing everyone again in '08.

Attention Colin and Others Interested....Even though I could not get reservations at the Marriot this morning, I was able to get reservations this evening from Wednesday to Sunday...at the Marriot...go figure.

If first you do not succeed keep trying....You might get lucky!!!!!!!!

Barney

• 5 weeks later...

Gents,

I am strongly thinking of going myself, and would be bringing my wife and 2 kids. They can do the Disney thing while I enjoy the show. What hoops does a Canuck have to jump through to be able to also compete in the show?

TIA

Brad

Hey Brad,

No special hoops other than crossing the border. You already have the IPMS membership to qualify (I would think) for entering models. As it stands right now at least 8-9 of us RMMC gang will be heading down.

:worship: - good times will be had!

• 2 weeks later...

As a life-long SoCA resident, Disneyland in the Summer is a bad idea. BAaaaaaaad idea. It's been years since I've made that mistake and I can remember barely even being able to walk around the park, it is just so jam-packed! Maybe you'll get lucky though and if you have no other choice, just be prepared. Our family goes once per year but we go in Nov or Jan on a Tues-Thur and at least then you get a chance to actually get on more than three rides.

• 5 months later...

Maybe some one could help me out. I'm very new to the aircraft modeling world and this sounds like a great event to check out aircraft models and show them off right? This event is only a few hours drive from me so if it's something big I don't want to miss it.

Is it only airplanes?

What does it take to go or show? Do I need to join any groups? How much?

What quality/detail level do the models have to be? Would something like the two in my Sig be good?

I'm not lazy, I just can't stand reading anything on their site. My eye's are going crazy. :wave:

THANKS! :D

Edited by Midnight Storm
Maybe some one could help me out. I'm very new to the aircraft modeling world and this sounds like a great event to check out aircraft models and show them off right? This event is only a few hours drive from me so if it's something big I don't want to miss it.

Is it only airplanes?

What does it take to go or show? Do I need to join any groups? How much?

What quality/detail level do the models have to be? Would something like the two in my Sig be good?

I'm not lazy, I just can't stand reading anything on their site. My eye's are going crazy. :blink:

THANKS! :D

The Nats include many categories other than aircraft,you do have to be an IPMS member to enter($25 for a 1 year membership).The show is $40 IIRC.

Quality is very good, but you should not let that stop you from going to a great show.

HTH

Mark