Heck, why not in Florida.... Key West or something like that... about as far south as one can get without having to speak Spanish..... :worship:

In all seriousness, wouldn't it be amazing to have the Nats in Orlando (or environs), and go on tour of the Space Center?

• 1 month later...
Guest Bob Harrell

:) I'm planning on it, already have a room ect. found one a few blocks away nothing fancy, using the extra for goodies hopefully. the selling point was disney land and universal studios. making it a vacation of sorts for mr and the other half.

Baring another trip to the hospital hope to see and meet a lot of folkes.

Have a great day all

Bob in California

• 4 weeks later...

Oh, man, the plot thickens...there is a very, very good chance that I will NOT be going after all, due to the fact that an opportunity beyond belief has been thrown my way, to occur at about the same time in August...can't do both, and as much as I've looked forward to NATS, there is absolutely no question that the other venue is where I'll need to be if it pans out....can't quite say what it is yet, otherwise some of you will go into a frenzy....let's just say it ranks right up there alongside my going to Pearl Harbor last December with the USS Arizona survivors.... :o

• 4 weeks later...

See Ya'll there!!!! Woot!!! Right now I live in anaheim, practically blocks away from the site of the convention. Unfortunately, after I graduate this weekend, i'm moving back to Santa Clarita, about an hour away. Oh well, i'll be down for the weekend!!!! Hopefully i'll have a decent paying job by then, and can buy some stuff at the vendors booths.

Jason

Well... I'M GOIN TO THE NATS!!! This is a threepeat for me. Planned for a year to get to Atlanta. I was VERY fortunate to get to go to KC [thanks to my better half]. So now plans have been made to go to SOCAL. With a sister-in-law living only thirty minutes from Anaheim, and her always wanting us to come for a visit,I told the wife we could go visit her AND see all kinds of great models, hang out with ALL the vendors and have a REALLY great vacation. Well, she pretty much saw through all my good intentions as for visiting her sister,but she agreed anyway. Got the plane and room booked, going to send in the registration tomorrow. I hope to catch up with some of the folks I met up with while in Atlanta and KC. Anyone else here on ARC from the South going? There may not be a lot of buzz on the web about this years show, but Im glad I'm going! See ya there!! Don M. Clarksville, TN.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Who is going?

What are you bringing?

Where are you coming from?

:cheers:

-=AW out=-

Unless something drastic happens, I plan on going. I will be combining the Nats with a visit to my parents in Temecula, where I will be saving hotel fees. :D

I will be bringing my wallet, just like the 2005 Nats, in Atlanta. :woot.gif:

I am coming from NW Florida, AKA Lower Alabama. :lol:

Larry Engesath

• 3 weeks later...
I'm going - room booked... flight booked... car booked... still seing if I can book a tour of Edwards AFB/Dryden Test Flight Center.

:cheers:

:o

Hey Woodman, let me know if you have any luck with that. I was looking into going.

:o

Hey Woodman, let me know if you have any luck with that. I was looking into going.

No luck. They require 15 people or more to do a custom tour and individual tours happen only twice a month - not during the Nats. Also, its a 90 minute drive from Anaheim to Edwards on a good day.

:thumbsup:

Trip to Edwards :blink:

We'll figure out a trip to some closer museums...if we get a group of like 10 people...maybe the hotel will let us use shuttle?

I believe there are group tours offered to various attractions/museums through the organizers, but there are at very specific times.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Woodman
  • 4 weeks later...

Finally got around to booking a room, so I'll be there. Driving down Tuesday. Met a few ARC'ers in Phoenix a couple years ago, hope to meet a few more. Are the SF bay area guys driving or flying?

Just bringing my wallet. Hopefully I wont hurt myself too much. :)

If Edwards needs 15 people for a custom tour, I wonder if we could get 15 people interested. I know I'd go.

Finally got around to booking a room, so I'll be there. Driving down Tuesday. Met a few ARC'ers in Phoenix a couple years ago, hope to meet a few more. Are the SF bay area guys driving or flying?

Just bringing my wallet. Hopefully I wont hurt myself too much. :)

If Edwards needs 15 people for a custom tour, I wonder if we could get 15 people interested. I know I'd go.

If you guys decide to get a group, count me in :)

Did my registration last night. Already booked in the Marriott from Wed thru Sat.

Going on the 2 remaining tours, manning the What If SIG table, taking pictures for IPMS and spending money at the Vendors.

Oh, and doing Disney.

Driving down the Sunday before with a stop in Vegas (going to visit the Rareplanes warehouse and get the good kits before he brings them to the vendors area). Then So Cal so the boys can go to Legoland and I can revisit the San Diego Naval Air Museum.