Fairey Battle

What sort of information are you after? I have a little bit of info amalgamated form a number of sources on RAAF Battles and may be able to help you. The book mentioned above is a good reference guide but may not cover exactly what you are after (I have the book as well).

Hi David. Probably the best 'One Stop' reference is the Ian Huntly book from SAM Publications.

Fairy Battle ISBN 0-9533465-9-5. Should be available from Hannant's, or try www.sampublications.com

It contains most of the info you should need to build the kit.

Cheers,

Pete M.

Hi thanks for the help, but although I've found some stuff on the net, but what I still need are some photos of the interior.

David.

Hi David. Off to bed now (11.55pm Christmas Eve here in New Zealand) so I'll scan up what I can find tomorrow.

Cheers,

Pete M.

Ok, merry x-mas. Whats the weather like ?

David

Hi David. Xmas morning here, overcast and not too warm! So much for so called Global Warming!

I'm off to our family gettogether, and I'll scan up the Battle stuff when I get home this afternoon (after a wee nap).

Cheers.

Pete M.

Hi David. Sorry, but David Harvey is correct. There's 'sod' all on the TT's in the book! Even most of the cockpit pictures of the 'Bomber' Battle are of the prototype, not the production versions, so not much help there either.

Cheers,

Pete M.

P.s. I know there was a book released in the UK recently covering Target towing aircraft - can't for the life of me remember the title, but may be worth a search.

I'm still trying to find a picture of the winch used in the RNZAF's TBF Avengers, and they were used up until the mid 60's! :D

Hi David. Sorry, but David Harvey is correct. There's 'sod' all on the TT's in the book! Even most of the cockpit pictures of the 'Bomber' Battle are of the prototype, not the production versions, so not much help there either.

Cheers,

Pete M.

P.s. I know there was a book released in the UK recently covering Target towing aircraft - can't for the life of me remember the title, but may be worth a search.

I'm still trying to find a picture of the winch used in the RNZAF's TBF Avengers, and they were used up until the mid 60's! :cheers:

The book on target towing is called "The Long Drag". It has good info on winches and targets but not much on the aircraft. It has a good drawing of the type B winch as used on the Battle and a couple of photos and a colour profile of the Battle

jOHN