new tamiya kits or just rumours?

hi guys, might be just rumours but has any one heard that tamiya are to bring out a new

P38 & a typhoon in 1:48, they are said to be looking at allied fighters next year(2007)....we can only hope.

happy new year andy. :whistle:

Tamiya is pretty secretive. Until they officially announce it, it is just pure rumor, and I have heard nothing about them announcing either kit. Most likely, though, this thread will just draw out a fake photoshopped Tamiya box art pic.

What's wrong with the Hasegawa Typhoon kits? Also, the only improvement I could see Tamiya offering in 1/48 P-38s is better fit than the Hasegawa kits. Personally, I'd rather see Tamiya expend their resources on things that there aren't already good kit available of.

Tamiya is pretty secretive. Until they officially announce it, it is just pure rumor, and I have heard nothing about them announcing either kit. Most likely, though, this thread will just draw out a fake photoshopped Tamiya box art pic.

What's wrong with the Hasegawa Typhoon kits? Also, the only improvement I could see Tamiya offering in 1/48 P-38s is better fit than the Hasegawa kits. Personally, I'd rather see Tamiya expend their resources on things that there aren't already good kit available of.

Tamiya have already set a precedent for ignoring what the other manufacturers have done with their P-47 releases. I am sure that we all thought Hasegawa's P-47 was "already a good kit", and then we discovered just how much improvement was possible with the Tamiya offering.

Indeed, there seems to be an emerging trend among manufacturers to ignore what is aready available and to go forward with new kits which improve upon very good offerings that are already available, to wit:

a) Hasegawa releases its P-39 in 2006 with the fine Eduard kits still available

:( The Tamiya P-47 mentioned above

c) Eduards' Fw 190 family of releases with the Tamiya, DML/Dragon and Hasegawa kits available

d) Eduard's planned release of a family of F6F Hellcats in 2007 with the Hasegawa offerings still available

I cannot detect any discernable advantage one manufacturer has over the others other than they are able to take advantage of the offerings already available and "one up" the competition in some fashion.

Eric

Tamiya B-17 in 48th or 32th anyone? :D:D

lmao Someone already beat me to it! I wanted to perpetuate the myth of the Tamiya B-17 too! :D

On a serious note, in the July/August issue of the IPMS USA Journal there is an interview with Mr. Tamiya himself and the B-17 is mentioned. He stated that Tamiya would love to do one but the royalties they'd have to pay Boeing would be phenominal and they (Tamiya) wouldn't be able to make a profit of their own. Someone somewhere has to throw a wrench into the works, huh?

lmao Someone already beat me to it! I wanted to perpetuate the myth of the Tamiya B-17 too! :banana:

On a serious note, in the July/August issue of the IPMS USA Journal there is an interview with Mr. Tamiya himself and the B-17 is mentioned. He stated that Tamiya would love to do one but the royalties they'd have to pay Boeing would be phenominal and they (Tamiya) wouldn't be able to make a profit of their own. Someone somewhere has to throw a wrench into the works, huh?

I think if Tamiya were to go ahead and amke a new tooled 1/48 B-17 kit they'd have a liscence to make money and wouldn't have to worry about royaties. I am sure it would be just as popular as the Academy Hornets and Hasegawa Tomcats.

Please Mr Tamiya Please!!!

Tamiya B-17 in 48th or 32th anyone?

Can you just imagine the price tag of that kit if it were ever made :rofl: ! Heck, when their old 1/48 Lanc sells for a nice chunk of change ($115 at Squadron last I looked), a "new tool" Fort would probably be up in the range of their 1/32 F-16 kits...I would assume even higher!

In 1/32... :rofl: ...YIKES...one would have to take out a bank loan (for the kit and a scale hangar to display it :D )!

Regards,

Don