VF-114 Phantom, Zott Baby!

Hello gang,

It's been a looooong time since I've last shown any progress on this monster. I finally got the time to get it finished about a week ago.

It's the Hasegawa 1/48 Showtime 100 boxing of the F-4J with Aires cockpit, wheelbays and burnercans. Cutting Edge Intakes, G-force Brass landing gear, 3rd Wire Aux Intake, Weapons from Hasegawa set C, TwoBobs and Fox One decals. I also want to take the time to thank Sabre for coming to my rescue after beefing up the nose are early in the project.

Without further delay;

Rhino2.jpg

Rhino1.jpg

Rhino3.jpg

Rhino4.jpg

Rhino7.jpg

Rhino8.jpg

Some more pics;

Rhino9.jpg

Rhino10.jpg

Rhino11.jpg

Rhino12.jpg

Rhino14.jpg

Rhino13.jpg

This has been a very rewarding build and now I'm keen to do a B Model in VF-111 markings!

Here is a link to the build thread.

Thanks for looking,

Thomas

Edited by Fury

Thanks for the accolades guys! This certainly was a long project running.

To answer the question concerning the base. It's from Just Plane Stuff and it's solid resin with photo-etched tiedowns.

You know the funny thing is that I'm seeing more work that needs to be done, like a seam popped on the leading edge of the starboard wing and I didn't quite clean the wash off of some of the model. More work to do!!!

Take Care,

Thomas

Thanks for the accolades guys! This certainly was a long project running.

To answer the question concerning the base. It's from Just Plane Stuff and it's solid resin with photo-etched tiedowns.

You know the funny thing is that I'm seeing more work that needs to be done, like a seam popped on the leading edge of the starboard wing and I didn't quite clean the wash off of some of the model. More work to do!!!

Take Care,

Thomas

Thomas,

VERY nice build and very nice camera! Excellent work!