Well here she is, It felt like I bit off more than I could chew more than a few times on this one. This project definitely stretched my modeling skills. Had it not been for the motivation to complete this for the KWGB this model would be still sitting half finished on the shelve.

I have very much enjoyed my first Group Build experience, I've been inspired and amazed by the caliber of models on display here. Thanks to all of you. :worship:

My 1/48 Monogram F9F-5. This particular model represents an aircraft that flew with VA-153 aboard

USS Princeton during the spring of 1953.

Eagle Strike Decals

MM Drk Sea Blue

Floquil 'Old Silver' and 'Platinum Mist' NMF

F9F5_1.jpg

F9F5_2.jpg

F9F5_3.jpg

F9F5_4.jpg

F9F5_5.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Mark

Now that is an amazing build! Great NMF and excellent presentation! After three NMF birds myself I'm quite sick of doing them and looking forward to some camo on the next build!

Thanks a bunch for the kind remarks guys. :blink:

Isn't ARC is a wonderful thing. :wacko:

Nice little stand too. Is it printed or painted?

Al,

the wooden base is from a local craft store I recently discovered. They carry all sorts of sizes and shapes.

The carrier deck came from "Custom Dioramics" a division of VLS corp (I think?), and is printed on card stock. I simply stained and varnished the wood base. Then cut the card to the desired size, attached to the base with some archival spray photomount I had around, but any spray adhesive should do, and that was it.

The carrier deck is nicely recreated, however there is a glossy sheen to it I don't like and I think I'm going to hit it with some dull coat and re varnish the base. I also need to touch up the white edge of the deck created by the card stock with a little of the wood stain I used for the base. Overall its simple, Cheap(about $7.00), and effective.

Thanks again,

Mark

Hi Mark

As said above, this one in just excellent. This might not be the most crowded GB with finished products popping up every day but what you guys do show is of very high quality. The shading of the panelwork and the seamless paints...wow

Jochem

• 2 weeks later...