1/72 Heavies, What would you like to see?

I only have 1 wishkit A CP-107 Argus in plastic

Or resin or vac... so long as it's 1/72!

On that note, if it's plastic I'd go for a 1/72 Britannia, too, could bash an Argus out of that and use it for other things, too...

Canadair Transport (can't think of its name at the moment but it was a swing tail development of the Bristol Britannia, all plastic)

CL44 - the Yukon, per RCAF nomenclature.

This'd be interesting from multiple viewpoints, RCAF or civilian. I don't know everyone who flew them, but I know Loftleiðir/Icelandair had some...

All of the C-135 series. Release a baseline kit and let us buy the neccessary conversions/upgrades to model any aircraft. Something like the current weapons sets that are out today would work for that. Having all of the conversions/upgrades in injection moldings.

Agreed, would be nice to do a good E-8, or even VC-137 too!!!

Daniël

Heck I would love a new 1/72 B-1. Hasegawa would be my preference though. If one of the Chinese manufactures does it theres no way I will buy it. Kinda sick of seeing all these new kits that are nowhere near accurate and have those godawful trench line and pothole surface detail. Just my 2cents.

You'd have to sell a lung to be able to afford to buy one - I guess you'd be looking at $200+ minimum!

You'd have to sell a lung to be able to afford to buy one - I guess you'd be looking at $200+ minimum!

And I would probably fork that much out for it too. Considering you would need to add that much onto the sticker price of a chinese made kit for all the aftermarket to make it accurate. Then theres the out of scale surface detail and suddenly $200 doesn't seem too bad. Well to me anyway. :whistle: But unless Revell thinks they can do an all new tool B-1.

I only have a couple, as my 1/72 interests are limited to Russian/Soviet bombers. And while I've seen the Tu-22 Blinder family mentioned several times over (it really would make a nice model), there are a couple that haven't been mentioned:

Myasischev M-4/3M "Bison" family

Tu-95 - Early variants - shorter fuselage/early wings/engines - so that we can do cold war "Bears"

C-141 would be nice. With Markings for the Hanoi taxi.. Maybe have the fuselage sectioned to make the different versions. With a little planning they could get a lot of bang for the buck.

B-52H. That would beat the hell out of trying to find the Italeri G kit (which I question the existence of with how hard it has been for me to find)and hack it apart and stick on a resin conversion set (which I already have)

767. Think about it, pretty soon this will be able to be modded into a USAF Tanker (though with some ridiculous modifications), JASDF and Italian versions are already flying. It would also likely be a contender for a future AWACS, and a present JASDF AWACS. I would be thrilled with one of these made to the same standard as the AMT KC-135s with an actual full interior and all.

P-8 Poseidon. I have a PV-1, P-2V, P-3C.. I need a P-8 to complete the collection.

I'd say a C-5, but let's face it. The size alone prohibits this from ever being profitable.

KC-10. I have every other tanker, but I really need one of these. Also, with a few mods it could easily be a killer airliner model, maybe mold it so an MD-11 modification wouldn't be too tricky- or if the wing is significantly different, mold it so an MD-11 kit later wouldn't be too tricky.

B-52H. That would beat the hell out of trying to find the Italeri G kit (which I question the existence of with how hard it has been for me to find)and hack it apart and stick on a resin conversion set (which I already have)

Better still would be a "modular" kit more like Hasegawa does with their wider-variant-range options like F-15, F-16, F-104.

767. Think about it, pretty soon this will be able to be modded into a USAF Tanker (though with some ridiculous modifications), JASDF and Italian versions are already flying. It would also likely be a contender for a future AWACS, and a present JASDF AWACS. I would be thrilled with one of these made to the same standard as the AMT KC-135s with an actual full interior and all.

Hopefully to a better fit standard than AMT, and with the outboard main gear doors not molded as one piece... getting mine assembled was a bear, never mind the jury-rigging for "Gear Up" since I was gonna hang it as if refueling a BUFF.

KC-10. I have every other tanker, but I really need one of these. Also, with a few mods it could easily be a killer airliner model, maybe mold it so an MD-11 modification wouldn't be too tricky- or if the wing is significantly different, mold it so an MD-11 kit later wouldn't be too tricky.

As with the BUFF, why not a modular DC-10 family? (I was really sold on this idea in my model railroad days by a firm called Highliners, who produced a kit that if you knew what parts to select you could quickly and easily build an accurate model of any short-body GM F-series locomotive except the original FT.)

Hopefully to a better fit standard than AMT, and with the outboard main gear doors not molded as one piece... getting mine assembled was a bear, never mind the jury-rigging for "Gear Up" since I was gonna hang it as if refueling a BUFF.

As with the BUFF, why not a modular DC-10 family? (I was really sold on this idea in my model railroad days by a firm called Highliners, who produced a kit that if you knew what parts to select you could quickly and easily build an accurate model of any short-body GM F-series locomotive except the original FT.)

the AMT kits aren't Hasegawa, but I always thought they were very buildable. I would like things built to a modern standard of molding, but the fact the AMT kit even had an interior impressed the heck out of me.

I do like the modular kit idea. With a lot of platforms these days it would really be the way to go.

:D, My list, if it already exists in fibreglass (Amodel style) then I'm happy with that.

Ilyushin Il-62 Classic (fibreglass will do)

that's all I can think of at the moment but I'm sure there are many more I'd like to see in 1/72 plastic or fibreglass model form.

:cheers:,

Ross.

Il-62:

http://amg.cdc.cz/kat63.html

http://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=51517&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

L.

What's wrong with Hasegawa's P-3? I thought it was a good kit when I built my 1/72 CP-140...

I have to wonder that myself.. I thought the Hasegawa P-3 was pretty decent. I think there are resin conversions to EP-3 out there.

OH NO!! Resin, that requires.. effort.

It's an old (over 30 years) kit and the molds are getting tired. Could you just imagine what a new mold would look like with recessed lines and some interior compartment or bomb bay detail? Just look at a Hasegawa Phantom from the late 70s and compare it to there newest molds

It's an old (over 30 years) kit and the molds are getting tired. Could you just imagine what a new mold would look like with recessed lines and some interior compartment or bomb bay detail? Just look at a Hasegawa Phantom from the late 70s and compare it to there newest molds

That's true - a newly tooled kit would look brilliant.

However, we /have/ one - which is a lot more than can be said for many other important types! I'd sooner see the lack of important types in 1/72 addressed, before revisiting things that already exist (unless what exists is very bad, which the Hase Orion is not...)

Any guy that has worked on P-3s will tell you that a lot of the panels had a sealant added (or something similar) which in fact raised the join between them. So the raised detail on the current kit is mostly correct. I agree some whell well and bomb bay detail would be welcomed. I have a number of P-3 kits with various conversions as well as resin and etch bombs and wells which I will get around to one day.

:D, You obviously have the same problem as me Ray. I keep requesting round tuits from friends and relos for Christmas and birthdays but the buggers keep buying me those horrible cheap cheap knock off square tuits, rectangular tuits, triangular tuits, blue tuits, red tuits, brown tuits, yellow tuits, you name it, anything but good quality round tuits. One day my ship will come in and then I'll be able to buy my own high quality round tuit. And I can also dream on!!

:cheers:,

Ross.

I could see a bomb bay being added (though one exists in PE if you want to show it off badly enough). I don't see an interior happening. Look at the Airfix Nimrod, which is a pretty decent kit, but lacks an interior in spite of having many more (useless) windows than a P-3.

I built a recent P-3, I didn't see any serious signs of age. My kit had zero flash.

I would much rather have something that hasn't been made in plastic before instead of yet another version of a totally workable kit.

A quality injection moulded kit of "Old Shaky" in 1/72nd scale is another I want to see.

Yet again cost versus demand equals modelers loss :(

Edited by skidbuggy

Something wrong with Anigrand's?

C-141 would be nice. With Markings for the Hanoi taxi.. Maybe have the fuselage sectioned to make the different versions. With a little planning they could get a lot of bang for the buck.

I'd say a C-5, but let's face it. The size alone prohibits this from ever being profitable.

P-8 Poseidon. I have a PV-1, P-2V, P-3C.. I need a P-8 to complete the collection.

A Tu-95RTs Bear-D in 1/72nd would be very awesome with the giant radomes under the fuselage. Also this seems to be the most common version which was intercepted when the soviets flew close to the UK or Japan or so...

A decent B-52 line, going from D via E, F, G to H... (All on the to do list ;) )

then 727 and 757 airliners would be cool as well since these are/have been also in military service.