Good Lord Skii! That pilot looks fantastic! .......

Really amazing

:blink:

Pig

What he said!

I say old bean, you've really made a spendid job on the pilot. This is a most auspicious start.

I thoroughly enjoy your build threads Skii, beautifully written, lots of humour and always a beautiful model. What could be better.....? :rolleyes:

:lol:

I don't think i need to say anything its been said already,but have you any more pic's on that wonderful looking pilot.I have both the reds and the hawk 200 in the Airfix 48 range so i will be very interested in this build.

Happy new year skii cheers Clive.

Here we go again, mate are you modelling my career? I flew Hawks with NFSF (FW) at Yeovilton and operated with FRADU on many occasions. There is no better flying than an ADEX 324 (L), beating up ships at 50', great fun.

Which aircraft are you going to do? I'll have to check the log book to see if I have flown that airframe.

hawk1-1.jpg

hawk2-1.jpg

hawk3-1.jpg

MeinHawk4.jpg

MeinHawkn54.jpg

Jamie, when were you FRADU? I worked for Serco on them in '95 just before they moved 'south'

Wow Skii-That is smokin' good work there! The Miliput work is true art. I am blown away-

The pose is nice and relaxed-very natural. So often modelers aren't able to capture that subtlty.

I really like seeing pilots in jets; (and this is a new thing for me..)-I think it adds alot when done well-and that's what we see coming together here!

:cheers:

looking forward to more,

Regards,

Pig

Mr Skii your getting too clever by far nowadays. That jockey will look the biz mate!

By the way, I know you wanted to play with replicating the skin stress marks on the Hawk - I saw an article quite recently showing a B52 with this same feature - the modeller did a great job. I'll see if I can remember where I saw it as he explained his method.

Gary

Skii

You've captured that supercilious "Royal Navy to you Sir" expression to a tee. If it were a RAF jet, the cockpit would be empty because the pilot was in the bar!

Seriously though, are you planning on using any of the CMK parts for the gear wells & U/C or the flaps?

Jon

Skii, what can I say - your work is always an inspiration! Love the pilot.

I don't know what you had in mind for your stressed skin but I once read that a Dremel with a fine dental burr in it just touched on the fuselage can give a good representation of stressed skin, I think the kit I saw this done on was a B-52.

Hope this might be of help to you, and I'll be keeping a close eye on this build!!

Eng :angry:

...keeping on the subject of stressed skin, I saw someone simulating stressed skin by using the rounded edge of a sharp blade to scrape away the troughs of the ripples, leaving ribs between. Then they sanded over them to blend them in & take away the rough edges... Might give a bit more control than a dremel... I know it'd frighten me having one of those tearing away at my kit :angry:

That was the technique I saw used and it was on a B52 - results were fantastic. Possibly on Hyperscale?

Gary

• 2 months later...

Glad to see that both you and Mike are working on this kit. It will allow me to steal the best ideas from both of you and combine them into my build. :)

Hope the house move went smoothly and we see some updates soon.

Nigel.