Hobbycraft 1/48 A-4G - Finished

All,

Finally finished my Hobbycraft 1/48 A-4G (Royal Australian Navy) Wrap Around Camouflage.

Thought it was a good kit overall. Instructions not the best as Rodney had described. Luckily I had finished a Hasegawa 1/48 A-4M before Christmas so I had a rough guide.

This is my 3rd model I have made. Still learning heaps. Some mistakes here and there, some improvements here and there as well.

I had a great time building it.

Enjoy.

Cheers,

Gabe :cheers:

DSC01466.jpg

DSC01465.jpg

DSC01464.jpg

DSC01463.jpg

DSC01462.jpg

DSC01461.jpg

DSC01460.jpg

Looks good Gabe. Looks significantly better than my third model did... or the 10th... or...

You got a nice clean build and its a cool color scheme. Look forward to seeing more of your work.

Rodney

Gabe,

Well done....very impressive for your third model!

I have to say, there are some really nice builds going on in here. I wish I had the time to get involved in more group builds, but I'm probably going to have all I can do to get one model finished in the next six months. :thumbsup:

All,

Thanks for your kind comments so far. I'm having a great time modelling so far. Should of done this years ago. ;)

I'm about to start an Eurofighter Typhoon in 1/48 by Revell. Looks a little bit more challenging.

To the moderators - I salute you :thumbsup: for putting on this group build and meeting everyone here and getting tips and advice.

Also, thanks for putting on a timeline for me to do this build. I now have an extra 2 models that I wouldn't had the guts to build.

Cheers,

Gabe :o

Edited by gkicsak
Nice work Gabe.

What paints did you use for the 2 greys. It took me ages to decide what to use for the Blue grey on my A-4G build.

I used ModelMaster Enamels.

The paints are:-

1. Dark Gray FS36176
  2. Light Ghost Gray FS36375

Other paint used was Ensign Red which is also ModelMaster Enamel.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

Gabe :cheers:

Gabe, love the Aussie scheme. You've done a great job on a less-than-stellar kit. If this is just your 3rd model, you are on an outstanding learning curve. Very Impressive! Keep up the great work~