Here we go. After a coat of Tamiya gloss i started with decaling. Everything was going well, until i started (tried to) to place those wing stripped decals. They were way too short, and some of them didn't even come of the backing paper even after soaking for an hour or so. So I had to paint them. Lots of masking, but the result is well worth the work. Now i can continue with decaling.

me-410-stripe1.jpg

me-410-stripe2.jpg

me-410-stripe3.jpg

Edited by gregax

Decals are done, no problems here. Then i faded down decals a bit, as the were too bright. Then the weathering started. With a brown black mix i sprayed random blotches to represent camouflage paint degraded and dirty from usage/oils etc. Now the washing will begin. Comments welcome.

me-410-decals2.jpg

me-410-decals1.jpg

me-410-decals3.jpg

Cool riveting. I am doing the same on a couple of Bf 109's for the GB. The trouble is you kinda get addicted to doing it and it is such a chore, especially when you use the MDC tool!

I second this! :thumbsup:

Great model gregax, keep the updates coming.

Ivan

Absolutely fabulous! I’m wondering; how do you get the ultra delicate PE (such as the hand holds at the canopy) down so perfect? I’ve read many pointers on this but haven’t seen work as good as yours. I've never successfully been able to use ultra small PE, neither to place it properly nor get it to stick.

For the PE parts, i usually drill a small hole where a grab handle will be placed. But just on the one side. Then i cut the part off the fret so that the part of the handle that will be placed into the hole is slightly longer that the other end.

Then i take a thin piece of wire, dip it in the extra thin superglue, place a drop into the hole and then place the part. After that i just place some more glue on the other end. For bigger parts i use two-part epoxi glue. That way i can move a part around and place it more accurate.

Hope that helps.