New project: Osprey

GINge!,

Great profile and very believable paint scheme. Boeing would be hoping that you're another Nostradamus. I don't know much about the Osprey, so I looked up some pictures and noticed that there are 2 panel lines on your a/c that are actually what look like camera pods. That would give you a chance to add more 3D effect to the profile. Here's a picture courtesy of Wikipedia, which has a high resolution version on the Osprey page.

800px-Osprey_at_Pensacola.jpg

Edited by felixdk

Hiya Felix, wow that is a GREAT reference photo! I have just been guessing at the shading & highlights so far. There is a real prominent reflection on the nacelle I was missing (among may others too!).

Oh man, I just looked at the engine exhaust - oops! haha! I totally pooched that!

I love that silver blue mettallic pearl finish. Looks like a colour more at home on a tuner car than a military aircraft.

Cheers

Graeme

Cheers guys for the words of encouragement. Here's a couple for my antipodean friends:

ospreyRAArmyLR.jpg

ospreyRAAFLR.jpg

These are great!

The only thing I would change would be the size of the roos, they should be about 1/4 of the size you have shown, and the roo would be around the rear fuselage as on the RAAF version.

These are fantastic, nice work

:cheers:

Hey, Nice work Ginge. I really like the CAF Ospreys (Would that be CT-122s?), especially the green camo version. The only thing I would chang is to put the roundels in a more prominent location. You appear to have your on the maing l/g doors. Still it is a What-If, so I suppose it would be possible. Nice work.

Cheers guys for the words of encouragement. Here's a couple for my antipodean friends:

ospreyRAArmyLR.jpg

ospreyRAAFLR.jpg

You must have been reading my mind! After reading the Finescale modeller article on motorising the V-22 I was thinking about doing a 38/35 Sqn RAAF What-If bird :D MUST RESIST BUYING ANOTHER KIT BEFORE STARTING MY OTHERS!!!!!!

Keep them coming mate, looks realy good!

Nimrod

The only thing I would chang is to put the roundels in a more prominent location.

Yep, I agree on that. I was going by the chopper placement (ie Cormorant, Labrador) which have them on the main gear pods. But I think it should be more in line with how we mark the fixed wing aircraft. I'll revisit the SAR profile with CC-115 markings as the guide.

These look great!! I wondered what a V-22A would look like in foreign service.

You do know that the Osprey you are using is a Pre-production "A" model prototype. There's some differences between that one and the "B" model production Ospreys.

Hi Steve,

I figured that the drawing was a prototype. I've made a few changes along the way such as replacing the lower side windows, adding the in-flight refuelling probe, a few panel lines etc. So its a sort of mish-mash between prototype and pre-production and some artistic license ;-)

a subject suggested by the fine folks at www.whatifmodelers.com

No idea if the tailcodes are from a real squadron - I copied them from an Osprey photo, but it might have been a demo aircraft.

ospreyUSMCLR.jpg

a subject suggested by the fine folks at www.whatifmodelers.com

No idea if the tailcodes are from a real squadron - I copied them from an Osprey photo, but it might have been a demo aircraft.

ospreyUSMCLR.jpg

since posts made in the last 24 hours didn't make it over to the new forum location, i'll post it again...

You, my friend, are hitting every one out of the ball park!! I'm loving every scheme you're posting!! Excellent work.

Hi Matt, I pretty much just followed the tute pinned to the top of this DG. The exception is that I import the jpeg as a raster right into PS (I don't use illustrator)

I'm using PS7 & a wacom intuos III 6x8 tablet on a 19" LCD

ospreywhatifgd_1.jpg

ospreywhatifgd_2.jpg

Edited by GINge!