AMT B-52H Wing Anhedral

Gents:

I'm building an AMT B-52H and will be installing the wings shortly. Knowing that they droop when loaded thought my model should represent that. To "get-it-right" I plan to build a jig to set the correct angle. To check my dimensions before the wood is cut was wondering if someone would measure the following on their completed model:

1. Dimension between the bottom of the aircraft (on the centerline) and the surface it's sitting on while sitting on its landing gear.

2. The distance between the bottom of the wing and the surface the aircraft is sitting on at the location of the outrigger landing gear with the gear touching the surface.

Thanks in advance. I tend to make mistakes and appreciate the double check.

Mark

Fine Scale Modeler had an article in Dec.2002 or2003 by Paul Boyer on how to modify kit wing box for getting the droop.Basically it involved scoring the upper side of the box where the outer part sweeps back and taking a v shaped notch out the bottom and flexing downwards on the outer section of the box.

There is some really good reading to be had on this thread from a long while back:

http://s102164210.onlinehome.us/forums/ind...c=92107&hl=

Seriously, I believe most of the issues with the AMT kit are addressed in the thread. It is not all about the AMT/Italeri kit, but much of it is. So grab a coffee, tea, beer or whatever and have a read through ;) . Some of the pictures may be gone, but the basic info is still there.

Regards and good luck!

Don